What's new

Writing = therapy for the soul. FPs = therapy for the hand

Moin Moin!

Sooo....today was my first "real" FP week. The school year ended Tuesday and I started thesis work up at the university yesterday. I've been dabbling with my cheap FP pen and already have noted positive results in quality and comfort, but this was my first trial by fire. Met with my cohort, conducted our first presentations, met with our department head, and started editing each other's work.

On the bright side, I have a little extra time to publish.

Anyway, the pen.

One reason that I decided to try FP pens - other than the evil influence of this board, of course - was my messed up hands and the extreme discomfort that I get from writing with a ballpoint pen or pencil. I have a reconstructed left pinky, decreased sensitivity to temperature in my hands from repeated cold injuries, and quite a bit of scarring on my knuckles. After about 5 minutes of writing (typically less), my hand starts to cramp and I am in a lot of pain. After hours of classes in a typical day I would even have a hard time driving now and again.

Not so with the fountain pen. The lower pressure that I use to write with my cheap Office Depot fountain pen actually made writing a few pages of notes pleasurable. My notes are much more legible.

Thank you all for the bump in the right direction. Seriously.

Glad you're enjoying your fountain pens and they are easier to write with. I have my brother to thank for getting me into fountain pens. He used them for a long time before I started.

I'm happy to hear you found something that will make your work a lot more enjoyable. I know I find FP's a lot easier to write with as well, as a result I take a lot more notes, which is definitely a bonus.

That is great you found fountain pens to be useful and not bother you like other pens. Hopefully it leads to better things, maybe a journal or something similar.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My middle finger used to have a callous where the pen lies from ballpoints. I don't have one anymore.

Top Bottom