What's new

Would anyone rent/lend me a Feather Straight?

Here's the deal, I'd like to rent or borrow a Feather Straight, the one that takes Feather disposable blades. I've already got the blades (from using Feather Injectors), and would like to try out straight shaving without having to put a big investment in, as I am not sure it's my cup of tea. I'd be more than happy to give you a deposit to cover the value. So anyone with a Feather AC sitting around unused who could part with it for several weeks to a month?

Mods, if this belongs in Selling and buying please move.

You'd probably be best of buying an RG for $70 someplace, and then selling it for $60 if you don't like it. Shouldn't have any problem doing it. I'd recommend finding some pro super blades, and also give it a good month-long try. There is a learning curve.

yeah, appleton barber supply has the AC for $80 (cheapest I know of), try it and sell it if you don't like.

I, for one, would be interested in it if you didn't like it.:001_rolle

BTW, it's easy to get cut up from the feathers, you might want to try a Shavette instead. Much cheaper and more forgiving. Although, all you really need is a good shave ready straight (under $50) and a decent strop (fleebay from $10 to a 2nd from tony for $35ish) and have it honed by someone who knows how every 6 months. Check out SRP too.

Top Bottom