What's new

WOTD Free Week Oct 6th-12th, 2013

Good Day fellow Time Piece Lovers:
I have been posting in the "Watch Ya Wearing Thread for some time and thought it might be a fun idea to compliment that with a WOTD similar to the SOTD and have it themed each week. This week is a free week so show us those timepieces.

hopefully there will be some interest and any watch, timepiece is welcome.. Yes even your Phone ( as long as it is creative ) LOL

I'll start:

WOTD 10.7.2014
Brand: Hamilton
Model: X-Copter Rose Gold
Band : Embossed Leather Croc
Movement: Valjoux 7750
$10.04.14 Hami 1.jpg$10.07.14 Hami 2.jpg$10.07.14 Hami.3.jpg

Have a great Day Everyone!

Oh Any Actually, Dive, Chrono, Vintage, Slim, Cheepy, the sky's the limit. I did not want to take away from the other thread at all just thought it would be an idea to do it similarly to the SOTD theme weeks, was not sure how much interest there would be though

Thanks Jason, did not want to overstep
Thanks

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Oh Any Actually, Dive, Chrono, Vintage, Slim, Cheepy, the sky's the limit. I did not want to take away from the other thread at all just thought it would be an idea to do it similarly to the SOTD theme weeks, was not sure how much interest there would be though

Thanks Jason, did not want to overstep
Thanks

It's no overstep at all my friend.
I'm not familiar with the different watch styles. Feel free to make a schedule if you like. There are certainly enough watch enthusiasts here so theme weeks could be fun!

Perhaps make it a weekly discussion? Post a thread each week showing off and discussing different styles of watches?

Week of 10/12 - Dive
week of 10/19 - Chrono
Week of 10/26 - Vintage

As you said...sky's the limit!

It's no overstep at all my friend.
I'm not familiar with the different watch styles. Feel free to make a schedule if you like. There are certainly enough watch enthusiasts here so theme weeks could be fun!

Perhaps make it a weekly discussion? Post a thread each week showing off and discussing different styles of watches?

Week of 10/12 - Dive
week of 10/19 - Chrono
Week of 10/26 - Vintage

As you said...sky's the limit!
Thanks Jason I will work on thiose this weekedn and PM you with a schedule going forward, thanks I think it will be fun

Regards,

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks Jason I will work on thiose this weekedn and PM you with a schedule going forward, thanks I think it will be fun

Regards,

I'm here to help any way I can.
It was only a suggestion on the schedule and discussion threads. Absolutely run with any thread idea you want :thumbup:

Good Day everyone:
After speaking with our esteemed steward Jason, we have the nod to get this started in earnest. Weekly there will be a Thread / Discussion thread with a theme for all timepieces. I have a rough schedule figured out which I will share below. No contests, just the creative photos, or descriptions of the watch or timepiece you will be wearing for the day, or in the case of Phone Time, the one you will have in your pocket

I hope everyone will also be creative in their photos, and even include the horological wonder with your shave gear. No watch snobs here either any watch, any brand, any price is welcome. Just looking for the love of timepieces.:thumbup1:

As far as a format, I would like to suggest the following:

Date:
Brand
Movement (either full description, or quartz, auto, solar, gerbils whatever)
Material
How Long you've owned it and how often you wear.

again just suggestions, and for this and for themes please let me know what you would like to see. The SOTD thread is a very popular one and hopefully we will have the support to do that as well

Here is a tentative list, with again this week being a free week.

WOTD
Week Of:
OCTOBER
Oct. 6th - 12th / Free Week
Oct. 13th - 19th / Dive Watches
Oct. 20th - 26th / Flight watches
Oct. 27th - 2nd of November / Halloween Theme
NOVEMBER
Nov. 3rd - 9th / Pocket Watches
Nov. 10th - 16th / Watch & a Shave
Nov. 17th - 23rd / Vintage
Nov. 24th - 30th / Turkey watches, your least expensive watch
DECEMBER
Dec. 1st - 7th / Digital
Dec 8th - 14th / non conventional i.e. phones, clocks etc.
Dec 15th - 21st / Chronographs
Dec 22nd - 28th / Holiday Theme Free Week
Dec 29th - Jan 4th / New Years theme, your new watch from the holidays.

That will take us through the remainder of the year. Hope fully there will be enough interest to keep this going. Jason indicated there were many who loved watches along with the fine haberdashery items, so we appreciate your support to make this fun. please PM me with any suggestions / themes / ideas.
Hopefully this will be fun and in your replies for the week put as much or a little info in your post with a picture, or not, of the watch you will be wearing for the day

And Big Thanks to Jason for letting me set this up Here is mine for the day.

Cheers to all the watch lovers out there!

WOTD - 10.08.2014
Invicta Reserve Pro Diver - Model 4896
Gibeon Meteorite Dial
Swiss Sellita SW 200 Certified Chronometer
Stainless case and Band - double deployant clasp
$10.08.2014 1.jpg
$10.08.2014 2.jpg

Top Bottom