What's new

Worst Wet Shaving Product You’ve Ever Bought?

Weishi fiber hair shave brush. It has no backbone and wouldn't lather anything. Worst brush ever.

Most soaps I try just don't work for my face. The more scent it has the more I get infected follicles. Cella is great for me and is about the only soap that hasn't been a problem. Currently on creams (Pacific shaving company).

Then there are two razors that are going to just shock people here... The Rockwell 6s and the Razorock game changer .68. I loved the 6c and couldn't cut myself if I tried whereas the 6s cut me every time no matter which plate I was using. The GC just wouldn't give me a clean enough shave without overdoing it and getting irritation. I even tried a second to make sure it wasn't a defective one with the same result. I think what I'm finding is I like a razor where the blade sits flush to the base and doesn't have and gap like the Fatip or Occam's Safety razor.

This is a crazy hobby.

A few years ago there was a soap maker called Joshua Tree Soap Works selling stuff on eBay. I bought a puck of their Key Lime soap, ‘cause it sounded like something I might like. Boy was I wrong. Totally useless as a shaving soap.

A few years ago there was a soap maker called Joshua Tree Soap Works selling stuff on eBay. I bought a puck of their Key Lime soap, ‘cause it sounded like something I might like. Boy was I wrong. Totally useless as a shaving soap.
How bad was it? Lol I’m intrigued

Opinions vary. Doesn't gunk up my razor.

I do fine Cremo Creme the good stuff.

Dogs are not some trifling matter. They are important!

Perhaps gunk is not a good description. While shaving, it gelled with my cut hair and just stuck to the point where I couldn’t just rinse it off. Had to take the razor apart (3 piece) a few times during the shave. Also had to toss the blade because of a thick film that covered everything. Even while disassembled after the shave, I had to use soap and a toothbrush to get that greasy residue off my razor.

I suppose my experience would be similar to applying moisturizing hand lotion on my face for shaving instead of a soap or cream. I did double check the bottle to make sure it wasn’t another product of theirs before tossing it in the trash.

Like you said, opinions vary of course, I just won’t be trying it again.

When I first started wet shaving back in 2011, I bought a starter DE wet shaving kit on Amazon. It had a horrible no name DE razor that had uneven blade exposure and was ultra aggressive. The kit also included Derby blades. Needless to say but the combination of the worst razor ever and Derby blades gave me such a brutal shave that my face felt and looked like it had half of my skin removed it was so red and irritated. Luckily I was careful and didn't actually cut myself up too bad, probably because the Derby blades were so dull. Thankfully I realized the razor was a piece of junk so I bought a Merkur 34C and a blade sampler pack and started to get some awesome shaves. I have thought about that very rough start in wet shaving several times since and am very glad that I stuck with it despite the terrible start.

When I first started wet shaving back in 2011, I bought a starter DE wet shaving kit on Amazon. It had a horrible no name DE razor that had uneven blade exposure and was ultra aggressive. The kit also included Derby blades. Needless to say but the combination of the worst razor ever and Derby blades gave me such a brutal shave that my face felt and looked like it had half of my skin removed it was so red and irritated. Luckily I was careful and didn't actually cut myself up too bad, probably because the Derby blades were so dull. Thankfully I realized the razor was a piece of junk so I bought a Merkur 34C and a blade sampler pack and started to get some awesome shaves. I have thought about that very rough start in wet shaving several times since and am very glad that I stuck with it despite the terrible start.
Damn. Lol. Makes you want to write a strongly worded letter to that company who made the starter kit.

Worst wet shaving product I've used is Marvy shaving soap. Didn't lather up and burned my skin bad. Couple others that follow the list are Derby Extras and Parker Pure badger brush.

That is quite a saga.

A few months ago I had a puck of EJ sandalwood soap come along with a brush and mug I picked up for very cheap (the brush alone was worth twice what I paid) and it was probably the most difficult soap to use I've ever worked with. I've had success with modern Williams, for what that tells you.

After a couple more uses I got the hang of getting it to lather enough to give a decent shave, but it's generally not worth the effort. It's back in the box and probably won't come out again.

Worst wet shaving product I've used is Marvy shaving soap. Didn't lather up and burned my skin bad. Couple others that follow the list are Derby Extras and Parker Pure badger brush.
Seems like those damn derby’s are a true love it or hate it blade 😂

The worst shaving product that I've ever bought is a Vie-Long 00159 boar brush. Pure garbage!

It has an extremely stiff, scratchy knot with a huge 27.5mm glue bump (which comprises half of the advertised 55mm loft). Out of the box, easily a quarter of the hairs were bent or broken. Hairs fell out constantly, wet or dry. The rough, barely-sealed wooden handle swelled up and cracked right away.

Just shameful build quality. Whoever designed this brush deserves to be shot with a ball of his own feces!

RazoRock XXX shave soap. The scent reminded me of the powdered hand soap you’d find in a high school bathroom. Just awful. It landed up in the bin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom