What's new

Worldwide PIF-Indian creams, soap and blades. Warning long post

I've been a member of B&B for little over a year now and it has been one of my biggest learning experiences. It is one of the most helpful and generous online communities I have seen. Where I live I don't enjoy uninterrupted internet access but find myself checking B&B whenever I do get the opportunity. I've read some great posts which have helped improve my shaves and also nice articles on so many diverse subjects.

After having sampled some of the 'must try' soaps and creams and having spent quite a bit of money( by my standards) I decided enough international stuff, let me try some of the products made here in India that I hadn't even heard about until I found B&B. Such as Vicco turmeric lather cream, Dettol cool shaving cream and Vi John to name a few.

During my search I stumbled across a few superb creams, with one smelling exactly like T&H's Grafton and performed every bit as well!

Every couple of weeks I'd see a thread about a cream from Bulgaria or something someone found in an Indian store and how the member really enjoyed it. Needless to say it made me very happy to see that my countries shaving creams were doing well all around the world.:001_smile

I'll like to give back to this wonderful place, so here goes.

This PIF is open to all B&B members***, new and old, interested in trying some Indian creams. It doesn't matter if you've used some of them as I'm sure there are more than a couple you haven't and you could always pass on the ones you've already got. They may not be the best but they certainly do perform very very well.

On offer-

The most widely known ones-
GODREJ Regular/sensitive, Lime and Menthol(1 tube each)
OLD SPICE Original 1 tube.

The latest craze-

1 tub of BIOTIQUE Palmyra.

My lucky finds-
1 tube of LASER shaving cream (put this in a black tub and you've got yourself T&H's Grafton at 1/60th the price!)
1 tube of MANHUNT aloe vera and tea tree oil shaving cream.

Your pick-
1 tube of DETTOL cool or VICCO turmeric shaving cream.

The only shaving soap made in India-
1 GODREJ shaving round puck.

We make some great blades so I'll include-
14 Gillette blacks,
10 Gillette greens and
10 Wilkinson swords.

$DSC01284.jpg

To enter,
1. please post 'I'm in' in the thread below and
2. include 1 link for a good article that you've read on B&B. So at the end we'll have a nice list of great reads.

An example.-
I'm in.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/195371-Topgumby-s-New-Shaver-Two-Minute-Lather-Challenge

I will close entry for this on the 2nd of April at 12 noon Indian standard time and use a random number generator to pick the winner on the same day.

***I'd request members located in India not to enter for this one for obvious reasons, but don't worry I'm putting together a PIF exclusively for you all, soon after I finish this.:001_smile

All products are new and unused. Creams were taken out of their boxes for the photograph.

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing something similar, but then I thought maybe later. You beat me to it xD

The red Godrej has a strange sort of sharp smell, or is it just me?

Where did you get the Godrej soap? I've tried and tried but to no avail. Also, which cream smells like Grafton?

I'm in.

What a wonderful PIF. Now let's see if I have the technological savvy to post a link to an interesting and informative B&B article.

nope. I don't know how. Sorry.

Go to the page where the interesting post is. At the top in the address bar, just select the whole address and copy it (CTRL-C). Go back to this thread and place the cursor in the body of where the text is and Paste (CTRL-V)....Voila...save post and done

Top Bottom