What's new

World’s Most Beautiful Enders Speed Shaver

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Well it's official, this beauty shaves every bit as well as she looks!!! I used a Chinese Schick nestled in a vintage Enders blade. @GAW9576 was kind enough to send me a couple of blade adapters. Unfortunately I broke one prior to realizing that I needed to "adjust" the Schick (and Proline) blades a bit. Both blades were too wide to fit cleanly in the Enders, so I used a dremel to grind off a millimeter on each end, and now both blades fit in razor like a dream. Not every Enders has that issue, but 3 out of 4 of mine have. I will be posting more about the adapters and potential correction either here or in another thread to help those who want to get (or have already gotten) an Enders and have trouble using it with a modern blade.

But enough about blade correction, let's discuss how this razor shaves. It is a very mild shaver (both in comfort and efficiency), but while it's no "chainsaw" in terms of efficiency, it still gave me a very nice DFS in 3 passes. There was very little blade feel and not a hint of irritation or blood. I was also able to whip this thing around my face like a cart. Now I have to say that lately I have stopped "chasing the baby" (i.e., BBS), and my face has been much happier for it. I could move the blade further forward with another adapter to get a more "aggressive" shave, but I'm quite happy to have a razor where I can pick it up and easily use it to get an exceptionally smooth shave, both in performance and results.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nooo. But there is a slight chance it’s brass, as I can’t recall seeing any Enders with plate loss.
But the handle is gorgeous.

Adam

It was hard to tell either way even on the post that goes into the handle. Whatever it is the plating is very well done. I do have one with very minor bubbling on the back side of the head.

As Fred has mentioned some of the Enders have some fitment issues with modern blades. Of my 4 ( 3 shavers the newer version and 1 razor the older version ) 1 of mine is tight. They obviously didn't plan on people using a different blade in the future. How inconsiderate of them to make a proprietary blade and not plan ahead for the future user.:lol: I'd love a modern version of the head made to except multiple blades with different adapters but my pockets aren't that deep. So I am happy to have originals with a few quirks here and there.

Top Bottom