What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

OK I am not stalking you Kenny I promise but freak me out today I used a feather in my timeless !!! hahahhahahaha

have to say was great shave ! I do think my shark super chrome was nicer but to funny to see you used that ! hahahahha

OH today was all comb and very happy with it the one thing I did notice is the audio feedback as I mention is much more noticeable on the comb vs the straight at least for me so today I kept saying NO to touching my face on clean up
yeah every shave with the comb makes me think it might be a straight and comb and dial those in and will try the scallop again

OK I am not stalking you Kenny I promise but freak me out today I used a feather in my timeless !!! hahahhahahaha

have to say was great shave ! I do think my shark super chrome was nicer but to funny to see you used that ! hahahahha

OH today was all comb and very happy with it the one thing I did notice is the audio feedback as I mention is much more noticeable on the comb vs the straight at least for me so today I kept saying NO to touching my face on clean up
yeah every shave with the comb makes me think it might be a straight and comb and dial those in and will try the scallop again
No worries...Great minds think alike!🤣 Although, I liked the Feather better than the Shark Chrome!

Yes, I just got Phoenix Artisan Accountements' Doppelgänger F-Bombs (CK-6 Formula) and it does smell great!
Wow, that's some statement, considering PAA is vegan! So far, my favorite soaps (Shannon's, Stirling, and Mike's) are all tallow-based! Looking forward to seeing how the vegetarian
🌿 stacks up against the tallow herd 🐮 🐷🐑 !
P.S. I forgot...I also love Declaration Grooming (Milksteak Base)
View attachment 1278304

Could be my water, I don't know, but PAA is super slick. I swear I could do my second pass just with the residual slickness....though I'm not quite brave enough to try. I can load my brush for 10 seconds and have enough lather for 2 separate shaves. A little goes a long way. The CK-6 base is the best I've used.

Stirling is good too, and WSP is another favorite as well. Just used a sample from Shannon`s and it was pretty good.

Could be my water, I don't know, but PAA is super slick. I swear I could do my second pass just with the residual slickness....though I'm not quite brave enough to try. I can load my brush for 10 seconds and have enough lather for 2 separate shaves. A little goes a long way. The CK-6 base is the best I've used.

Stirling is good too, and WSP is another favorite as well. Just used a sample from Shannon`s and it was pretty good.
I heard lots of good things about the PAA CK-6 base. That's why I got it. I don't think it's your water!
I also got a couple of WSP soaps...including the best Barber Shop scent ever!

I heard lots of good things about the PAA CK-6 base. That's why I got it. I don't think it's your water!
I also got a couple of WSP soaps...including the best Barber Shop scent ever!

Yeah, their barbershop is nice. Tobacco is also nice if you like sweeter scents. Hope you enjoy the PAA.

still have to try both those soap companies and both are local to me :) just so many things to try like going to a BBQ and to much to try and you are full already and only got half way through the line :)

still have to try both those soap companies and both are local to me :) just so many things to try like going to a BBQ and to much to try and you are full already and only got half way through the line :)

I know how you feel. Too much stuff to try....not enough beard growth for 5 shaves a day.

Shark super chrome vs stainless today with the comb
did do a weeper in the worst spot on my neck as I was in a hurry and it was the stainless blade
both new I prefer the super chrome a little less tuggy grabby I might say
will try more comparisons but starting to warm up more to the comb and tomorrow going to do the straight bar for a few days

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
OK...let the fun come to a conclusion! 🪒 :a30:🪒

Single Elimination Tournament....

Introducing the Competitors:

Rockwell :) 🇨🇦
6C

$50
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 6)

Tatara 😘🇵🇹
Masamune

$200
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 8)

Above The Tie :thumbup: 🇺🇸
Windsor SSM-1

(Comfort 9, Efficiency 9)
$185

Feather 😊 🇯🇵
AS-D2

$175
(Comfort 7, Efficiency 8)

Karve :) 🇨🇦
CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸 Ti Polished :thumbup:
$300
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 9)

Timeless 🇺🇸 Ti .68 Smooth Matte :badger:
$250
(Comfort 10, Efficiency 9.9)

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53 😃

$65
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 BBS 😐
$70
(Comfort 7, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 GameChanger .68 :a14:
$65
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Lupo .72 🐺
$70
(Comfort 4 😿, Efficiency 8)

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild :a14:
$70
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9)

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium :a14:
$70
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9.5)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Mild :badger:
$250
(Comfort 9.9, Efficiency 9.75)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium :a14:
$250
(Comfort 9.75, Efficiency 9.75)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Aggressive 🤔
$250
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.8)

Giesen and Forsthoff 🇩🇪 Timor ☹1353
$40
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 5)

Baili 176 🇨🇳 :rolleyes:
$13.02
(Comfort 5, Efficiency 5)

Carbon CX-Ti .68 R2 🇺🇸 :thumbup:
$358
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.5)

Fatip Testina Gentile 🇮🇹 🤔
$30
(Comfort 9...but Handle/Balance= 👎 , Efficiency 8)

Blackbird Ti 🇺🇸 😲🗡
$300
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 10)

King C. Gillette 🇨🇳 :a14:
$23
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9)

Haircut & Shave Co. 🇺🇲 :)
Z074 Ti-5

$400
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.8)

Edwin Jagger 🇬🇧 :)
DE89

$40
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 8)

Mühle 🇩🇪 🤨
R89
$45
(Comfort 6, Efficiency 7)

OK, I tried my last two New razors today, the Edwin Jagger DE89 🇬🇧and the Mühle R89 🇩🇪. The EJ was better in terms of both comfort and efficiency...but neither came close to the Timeless Ti in either category.

Also, I recently tried the King C. Gillette 🇨🇳 side-by-side with the Timeless 🇺🇲. The King was not nearly as smooth as the first time...no cuts but some irritation...whereas the Timeless again performed flawlessly, especially in terms of comfort!

Plus, a second shave with the H&S proved to be much less comfortable than the first time...with a couple of weepers 😢 and some irritation. This could be "user error" but I don't think so. Even if it was, I need a razor that's more forgiving.

What I love so much about the Timeless and Henson razors is that THEY NEVER CAUSE ME IRRITATION NO MATTER WHAT!!

So, the new Top 3:

1 Timeless 🇺🇸 Ti .68 Smooth Matte
2 Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Mild
3 Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium

Honorable Mention: Tatara Masamune 🇵🇹

I've not read this entire thread but only popped in from time to time. I particularly enjoyed ⬆ this post ⬆.

I've not used the Timeless Ti in all its configurations. My only experience with the Timeless Ti is with the 95 OC baseplate. I'd describe it as mild. By that I mean several things.
  • It's easy to use and easy to learn.
  • It's not at all prone to biting; I wonder if it even has the capacity to bite (knock on wood).
  • I can go over and over my skin without creating irritation. Multiple passes? No problem. Multiple strokes and multiple directions using ghost lather? No problem.
  • My skin feels great during the shave, immediately after the shave, and until the next shave.

5-21-21.Timeless95Ti.RV2B.Vitos.640.JPG

I believe it's a very good looking razor particularly with the Crown handle.​

I'm not really trying to get you to try a Timeless 95. Still, you might enjoy it. I know I'm not the only one to think of the 95 as mild. I suspect it might be even more mild in the SB.

1623247303301.png

I might try the Timeless 68 myself. It gets rave reviews.

I'd be interested in your thoughts - having tried a bunch of so called mild razors - on this information concerning guard span.

Great write up and summary of your quest.

You didn't say this (or maybe I missed it) so how many times did you use the various razors?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yeah, their barbershop is nice. Tobacco is also nice if you like sweeter scents. Hope you enjoy the PAA.
OK...you were right! The PAA CK-6 formula is awesome! I would consider it 90% as slick as any tallow-based soap that I've tried...plus I believe it's the most "fun" to lather...rich, thick, creamy. It's crazy...somehow it feels (and acts!) more "fatty" than soaps with actual animal fat! How the heck did they do that?! 🤔
Anyhow, it's a definite keeper...so far, the only non-tallow soap that I plan on putting in my rotation!
IMG-1347.jpg
BTW, the Polsilver 🇵🇱just beat out the Feather 🇯🇵for my #1 blade! It's even smoother and just as efficient. I will have to do a re-match with a fresh Feather. The one I used today was on the 4th use.
IMG-1346.jpg

OK...you were right! The PAA CK-6 formula is awesome! I would consider it 90% as slick as any tallow-based soap that I've tried...plus I believe it's the most "fun" to lather...rich, thick, creamy. It's crazy...somehow it feels (and acts!) more "fatty" than soaps with actual animal fat! How the heck did they do that?! 🤔
Anyhow, it's a definite keeper...so far, the only non-tallow soap that I plan on putting in my rotation!
View attachment 1279329
BTW, the Polsilver 🇵🇱just beat out the Feather 🇯🇵for my #1 blade! It's even smoother and just as efficient. I will have to do a re-match with a fresh Feather. The one I used today was on the 4th use.
View attachment 1279330

Yep, it's great soap. Most of my other soaps are feeling rather lonely these days.

Polsilver's are great blades. Hope you have a stash of them as they aren't made any longer. Some say the Wizamet is the same blade under a different name, but I don't get quite the same performance with them.

today did straight bar on the timeless and used shark super chrome and stainless and its flipped from what the open comb liked ? this time prefered the stainless blade which is strange going to have to do this a few more times of course to confirm :)

again need more time BUT the straight bar in the neck is a touch easier in the sense I never feel that OH NO that was close
BUT I think I am preferring the comb for the rest of the face as it just takes less strokes to get super smooth so my daily plan of DFS is just easier with the comb
tomorrow going to play with the scallop and the comb using a feather and see where that takes me

do not have any of those polisilver :) might have to get some in my blade hunt as I dial in the plates

but again I am going to stick to the timeless razors and just figure out the plates and finish
if my AMC goes to the moon going to just buy one of everything they have and play :) hahahahahah

I've not read this entire thread but only popped in from time to time. I particularly enjoyed ⬆ this post ⬆.

I've not used the Timeless Ti in all its configurations. My only experience with the Timeless Ti is with the 95 OC baseplate. I'd describe it as mild. By that I mean several things.
  • It's easy to use and easy to learn.
  • It's not at all prone to biting; I wonder if it even has the capacity to bite (knock on wood).
  • I can go over and over my skin without creating irritation. Multiple passes? No problem. Multiple strokes and multiple directions using ghost lather? No problem.
  • My skin feels great during the shave, immediately after the shave, and until the next shave.

View attachment 1279194
I believe it's a very good looking razor particularly with the Crown handle.​

I'm not really trying to get you to try a Timeless 95. Still, you might enjoy it. I know I'm not the only one to think of the 95 as mild. I suspect it might be even more mild in the SB.

View attachment 1279178

I might try the Timeless 68 myself. It gets rave reviews.

I'd be interested in your thoughts - having tried a bunch of so called mild razors - on this information concerning guard span.

Great write up and summary of your quest.

You didn't say this (or maybe I missed it) so how many times did you use the various razors?

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thanks, Jim. I heard that the .68 was the mildest Timeless, so that's why I bought it instead of the .95. I can't imagine a larger blade gap in the same razor being smoother than a smaller blade gap. But, if I hear that that is in fact the case, I will definitely look into it!
I only used each razor once....unless it was milder than any previous one that I tried.
Happy shaves!

today did straight bar on the timeless and used shark super chrome and stainless and its flipped from what the open comb liked ? this time prefered the stainless blade which is strange going to have to do this a few more times of course to confirm :)

again need more time BUT the straight bar in the neck is a touch easier in the sense I never feel that OH NO that was close
BUT I think I am preferring the comb for the rest of the face as it just takes less strokes to get super smooth so my daily plan of DFS is just easier with the comb
tomorrow going to play with the scallop and the comb using a feather and see where that takes me

do not have any of those polisilver :) might have to get some in my blade hunt as I dial in the plates

but again I am going to stick to the timeless razors and just figure out the plates and finish
if my AMC goes to the moon going to just buy one of everything they have and play :) hahahahahah
Sounds like a Timeless Adjustable :biggrin1: you're using!
Polsilver 🇵🇱 could be the best blade I've ever used. I'm going to order some Wizamet 🇷🇺 blades to see if they're as good.
I'm not normally a fan of Russian blades. I find them harsh. But, since the Polish blades are so expensive, I will definitely try them.

Yep, it's great soap. Most of my other soaps are feeling rather lonely these days.

Polsilver's are great blades. Hope you have a stash of them as they aren't made any longer. Some say the Wizamet is the same blade under a different name, but I don't get quite the same performance with them.
Unfortunately, I only have a tuck of Polsilver that someone gave me. I just ordered some Wizamet blades 🤞

Unfortunately, I only have a tuck of Polsilver that someone gave me. I just ordered some Wizamet blades 🤞
I just had what could be the best shave of my life! Is was sooo smooth and comfortable - no nicks, cuts, or irritation 😊
The star of the show (again) was the Polsilver blade (2). I did a side-by-side with my former favorite (Personna Med Prep) and there was no comparison!
I am so impressed with Polsilver I just bought another 50 @$40 on eBay!
I also used my favorite Mild (New) Razor…the Timeless Matte .68 SB…as well as another Shannon’s Soap (Nil). Shannon, and her husband Brian, are amazing artisans. This unscented soap performed every bit as good as their regular scented soaps!
Needless to say, I had a very good day!
Not sure if it can get much better than this. 😊

4842D05C-A029-44AA-B545-8917B7BF379D.jpeg
1F093CFE-4E40-4E2D-8D78-E8626B900B1F.jpeg
I also have an amazing 3D printed bowl that whips up a perfect lather without spilling anything!
1CBA9913-646B-4636-A789-FB37FA69D9E8.jpeg
Ahh…life is good :pipe:

Last edited:
I just had what could be the best shave of my life! Is was sooo smooth and comfortable - no nicks, cuts, or irritation 😊
The star of the show (again) was the Polsilver blade (2). I did a side-by-side with my former favorite (Personna Med Prep) and there was no comparison!
I am so impressed with Polsilver I just bought another 50 @$40 on eBay!
I also used my favorite Mild (New) Razor…the Timeless Matte .68 SB…as well as another Shannon’s Soap (Nil). Shannon, and her husband Brian, are amazing artisans. This unscented soap performed every bit as good as their regular scented soaps!
Needless to say, I had a very good day!
Not sure if it can get much better than this. 😊

I know there are versions of the Polsilver blade with a different design on the blade itself (printing/engraving). Which one do you use?

2x used feather today and tug tug rip ! nice weeper from the comb trying to get under the nose :) hahahahh

the comb really brought out how bad todays was BUT it had been used 2x ? first shave with it was fine I have other blades I like as much and are 1/4 or less the price

switched to the shark stainless and finished up great
straight vs comb again :)
and both are so nice but the comb is kinda leaning toward my fav for efficiency
prorasso green out of tube today and yeah just to much cooling feeling for me on my skin ? same with proraso preshave just not a fan of that feeling at all and almost turns to a burning after a bit :)

Top Bottom