What's new

World's Junkiest Razor

Well, I purchased what could possibly be the junkiest razor ever made. I purchased this bad boy along with a Ming Shi 2000 off of Wish.
I was incredibly surprised with the quality of the Ming Shi considering I paid less than $8 with shipping included. I paid $1 shipping included for the junker. I figured for a buck, it's worth trying. It's basically a disposable double edge. The handle is metal, but the entire head is plastic except for the flappers(or whatever the correct terminology is). I'm going to give it a try tomorrow with the blade that came with it which I assume is also junk. I expect to have quite possibly the worst shave of my life. But you never know, it might be great.

proxy.php

It's basically a disposable double edge. The handle is metal, but the entire head is plastic except for the flappers(or whatever the correct terminology is). I'm going to give it a try tomorrow with the blade that came with it which I assume is also junk. I expect to have quite possibly the worst shave of my life. But you never know, it might be great
I think the head would be a zinc alloy including the flap doors. If it aligns and clamps the blade and the gap is even it may shave satisfactorily. How long will it last?????

I ordered one of those a few years ago. It all but fell apart in my hand and was in the trash about 90 seconds after it came out of the box. Beware!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The guy on the package is trying to get someone's attention so he can return it!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

I saw one once in person, the head assembly was made out of paperthin metal, you can crush the whole thing with your bare hands. And manufacturing tolerances are non existent.

Adam

On the one I have, the flaps are metal(paper thin) but the rest of the head is definitely plastic.

It's truly an amazing razor. Amazingly horrible! The shave was far worse than I ever imagined it could be. I don't think the blade actually has a honed edge. I'm pretty sure there are thousands of tiny Vice-Grip pliers on there that latch onto the whiskers as you pass over them, then give them a good yank. I tried putting a slightly used Feather in it to see what would happen. It was better, but still pretty awful. I then put the Vice-Grip blade in my EJ89 and it was pretty terrible over there as well.

I gave up on it after the first pass and switched over to the Ming. The Ming is shaving perfection in comparison!

So take the wonder razor and couple it with the Vice Grip blade, and you are in for a truly uniquely terrifying shaving experience. If this was the only shaving device available on the planet we'd all be growing beards for the remainder of our lives.

So now we have an answer to the question, "How bad can it be for a dollar?"

I do agree with you that the Ming Shi 2000S is a great sub-$10 razor. For a total of $10, you got a really good razor and an education in horrible. Well worth the $10 I'd say.

I don't think the blade actually has a honed edge. I'm pretty sure there are thousands of tiny Vice-Grip pliers on there that latch onto the whiskers as you pass over them, then give them a good yank.

I wonder if you just stumbled onto the manufacturer who made my fake Gillette Blue blades a while back. I like your description. I believe I originally described the fake Gillette's like trying to use an epilator on your face.

Why is that guy on the package? He's not using the product or displaying the product. He looks like he's trying to hail a cab, imitate Socrates on his death bed, proclaim a Sermon on the Mount, or present his bona fides to the local Cub Scout troop.

Top Bottom