What's new

World Tea Tour

I have been turning lots of my family and friends into tea people. I'm not trying, but folks are coming to me as I find it difficult to contain my enthusiasm. Given my AR bench-science approach to most things in life, I've come up with a way of giving tea gifts that I enjoy doing.

Most of the folks that I've done this for have no loose-leaf tea experience. Essentially what I do is bag up samples of chinese and japanese green teas, a few different oolongs across the roasting spectrum, some raw and cooked puerh, and some black tea. Usually, its enough tea for several sessions with each type of tea. I give only one piece of advice related to water temperature preferences for various tea types, and then wait to answer their questions as best I can.

Folks seem to have solid impressions by the time they finish with what I've given them. They are then well on their way in pursuit of a better cup of tea. More company to attend the ongoing tea party of this Mad Hatter!

Cheers!

:yinyang:

Very cool Silvertip!
I too find it exciting to introduce people to the different kinds of tea. While pu-erh is my passion, other types of tea have their place too and I don't hesitate to recommend them.

It Gets Them Every Time.
Hook, Line, & Sinker.

My latest gift recipient has already given up coffee and switched to tea completely. It took 48 hours. Her words, "I am so addicted."

Turning On Teaheads one Head at a Time.

Some of that tea was your by the way, netsurfr. Cheers!
(I mean, it IS sort of YOUR fault, after all. :blushing:)

:thumbup1:

Its really fun to live vicariously through the tingling excitement of a newborn tea lover. I'm also happy to see others avoid my mistakes.

I am one of those "converts" a good family friend who was in the tea business converted me a few years ago and I have yet to go back...there is something truely remarkable about a good cup of tea. BTW...nice online tea shop...I'll have to check it out in more detail.

Top Bottom