What's new

World Beard and Mustache Championships 2017

if you are can make it to Austin Texas Sep. 1-3 you should come go see the World Beard and Mustache Championships. It should be a huge event, and it the pinnacle of the bearding competitions.
info can be found at the Austin Facial Hair Club's website.
2017 World Championships
you can go one day or all three, but if you want to see some of the best beards and mustaches you need to be in Austin next month.

Sounds cool, but too far away for me to go. Ty, do you plan to make it? If you or anyone else goes I would love to see pics. :thumbup1:

i will be going and i will get some pictures and post back here. if i find that they are streaming it i will also get that link here.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think they were in Nashville last year. I didn't hear about it until it was to late to go. I would have entered. And won.

I think they were in Nashville last year. I didn't hear about it until it was to late to go. I would have entered. And won.
that was the National Beard and Moustache Championships last year. this should be even bigger. the worlds happen every 2 years, and it is a big deal that it is in the US now.

and yes you would have done well if you had gone last year. you can start again and get ready for Antwerp, Belgium in 2019

i am competing for fun, i have not had time to really grow enough to win anything, but i don't know when i will have a chance like this again. it should be a fun week, they have pre parties, 3 days of competition, and often a morning after brunch. i will see how much i can do.

Good luck to you Sir. I think you have a chance of placing high. Your stache is definitely worthy of hanging with the best of them. :thumbup1:

getting an outfit together to wear when i go
20170812_171727.jpg

20170812_171911.jpg

it is late and i need to get some sleep before the WBMC tomorrow, but here is a link to an flicker album with some of the mustaches from the welcome party.

welcome party for 2017 WBMC

there were so many people there, and some former champions as well. i will see if i can do better with picture later, but hopefully you can see some of whats going on so far.

strop

Now half as wise
Thanks for posting that. One of these years I hope to participate. Probably after I retire.

Top Bottom