What's new

Worcestershire sauce

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I think that L&P may be a bit overpowering in some instances. Some may not like that.

That's what I was getting at. L&P can stand out in a dish. While there are much worse problems to have, you don't always what something that distinct.

2C04E024-23B6-4CE4-87B5-FE63576717E5.jpeg

Would ya look at that? I like it. It’s pretty vinegary. I like vinegary things like ummm..... vinegar. Pickled eggs etc.

I love it! I add it to a lot of different dishes. I especially like to add it to soups when cooking...Manhattan Clam Chowder or French Onion Soup is a given.

Uh Oh - there is a temporary shortage of Marmite, because of Covid-19.

A key ingredient is Yeast by-product, generated when brewers make beer, ( the British Marmite plant is in Burton-on-Trent, which is where most of the beer makers are )

But brewers worldwide have cut right down on brewing beer, because bars are shut.

So Marmite have had to stop producing the big bottles for a while, although they say its temporary.

So you guys Stateside make sure you stock up !!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Just had a tin of Heinz Cream of Tomato soup. Dash of chilli powder, and a generous splash of Hendo's. Marvellous!

At the risk of having to turn in my Yorkshire card, I would have foregone the Henderson’s if I'd have had some Marmite in. Alas, I'm between jars at the moment, but Hendo's didn't let me down :D

Just had a tin of Heinz Cream of Tomato soup. Dash of chilli powder, and a generous splash of Hendo's. Marvellous!

At the risk of having to turn in my Yorkshire card, I would have foregone the Henderson’s if I'd have had some Marmite in. Alas, I'm between jars at the moment, but Hendo's didn't let me down :D
I once had a recipe for tomato soup by Anthony Worrell Thompson, which started with the usual base of tomatoes etc, but was unusual in that you added an anchovy or two and slowly heated it to dissolve them.

It was absolutely delicious - the anchovy gave it a lovely slight background tang of salty fish - similar to adding a splash of Worcester sauce.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom