What's new

Worcestershire sauce

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Just had a tin of Heinz Cream of Tomato soup. Dash of chilli powder, and a generous splash of Hendo's. Marvellous!

At the risk of having to turn in my Yorkshire card, I would have foregone the Henderson’s if I'd have had some Marmite in. Alas, I'm between jars at the moment, but Hendo's didn't let me down :D
Half way through my Henderson’s Relish. .

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I’m 90% carnivore so I get plenty of opportunities. Kind of wondering what it would be like on kippers. Ever tried it?

No, I don't eat much fish. The occasional tinned sardines or tuna, but that's about it. I try to minimise the amount of microplastics in my diet 🤣

Hot horseradish sauce is good with kippers or other smoked fish like mackerel. Not that mild creamy stuff they try to pawn off on you!

Gareth

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
As Worcestershire is the next county to Gloucestershire where I live, I can guarantee that is correct.

Try Gloucestershire then!

Gareth
Bostonians (or more accurately, New Englanders) are the only Yanks who pronounce Worcestershire & Gloucestershire properly.

As well as adding to meats and putting in cottage pie and chilli, I love it on chips, or fries as you guys would say, and on cheese on toast. But there is only one, Lea And Perrins, it is that brand for me or nothing.View attachment 1091183

I agree. It's like Ketchup. I won't use anything other than Heinz Ketchup. All the rest have a sickening sweetness to it and tend to be runny. I wouldn't even think of a different Worcestershire Sauce besides Lea & Perrins. I guess I need to find some more uses for it though. I'm digging the ideas in this thread.

Top Bottom