What's new

Women prefer men with stubble?

Funny thing, fashion. In the 60's it was hair everywhere. In the 70's and into the 80's neatly trimmed was in again. In the 90's until present it became stubble on the face and shave everything else. What next?

Funny thing, fashion. In the 60's it was hair everywhere. In the 70's and into the 80's neatly trimmed was in again. In the 90's until present it became stubble on the face and shave everything else. What next?

Moustaches, hopefully.

Which is why the SR works for me and for her :)

I saw this video a while back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3I1utxgNM) when I was just getting curious. This is when I realized SR shaving was perfect for me. I love my stubble days and only shave about every 3-4 days, evening shaves mostly. Shaving 4 day stubble with a Mach 3 is MURDER !!! It killllls.

Now I shave with an SR: have a nice hot shower, take out a dram of whiskey <please stop calling it scotch :)> and indulge in a wonderful ritual.

Now many of you die hard shavers will look at me as though I am a failure to my brethren, to sport stubble when shaving is the goal, and BBS is the grail. But the point is, REAL razors whether it be an SR or DE shave so well that they are the only razors one SHOULD shave with whether it be to maintain wonderful stubble or keep a BBS face every day !!!

And why is it perfect for her ?!? cause my similarly type A ADD ish BrainSurgeon of a GF gets to have BBS one day (or when it's necessary) and stubble the next few.

My girlfriend either wants me to sport a goatee, or not have anything at all. This is fine, since I refuse to wear a mustache.

I would rather be smooth and hair free. Better for work, feels better, etc.

Who cares what women want.

Men shouldn't go by what a woman likes. Ask ten women what they like and you'll get ten different answers.

+1.

Just be yourself and you'll attract women who are into you for you. Actually, just be yourself and do whatever the heck you want. It's easier to stay sane that way.

Was with a lady last week, and she loved my stubble, kept touching it. Maybe thats why my skin wasn't so nice to me when I shaved that morning.

In my experience, women do prefer the aesthetic of a little stubble; optimally about 36 hrs worth in my case. I think more than 2 day's is too much though, and is worse than being completely clean shaven. As a general rule, in the eyes of women (and I think this is pretty obvious in the Western media's projection), stubble makes a man more handsome.

Now again, that's aesthetically speaking- I think that when it comes to bedroom brass tacks, the smoother the shave, the better. No one wants their face or lady-parts scratched up by coarse stubble for hours on end.

So bottom line, I think the question of whether "Women prefer men with stubble?" simply comes down to whether the woman you're talking about prefers the image of a man, or the reality of a man. Personally I like to cover all my bases and aim for a little stubble if I'm going out, but shave clean if I'm having someone over.

Look at the sex symbolism that Pirates of the Caribbean has created, for a useful hyperbole. Jack Sparrow has been elevated to the pinnacle of sexiness in the mass mediatic paradigm. But I very much doubt the women who swoon over a soiled and dreadlocked Johnny Depp would actually enjoy the reality of a salty, unshaven misogynist with the body odor of a dead kraken and breath to match.

Last edited:
It would probably not be fair for me to comment since I am not one but I would say that it depends on the woman. Perhaps some of the female members could elaborate :blushing:,

Al raz.

I don't mind a little stubble, but lately since getting into the straight I just like shaving so much that I can't help myself. My girlfriend likes it both ways as many have said here.

On a side note, the worst is those guys that buy the "stubble trimmers" and do say a chin strap trimmed beard with 'designer stubble' everywhere else. :vomit:

Yeah, "designer stubble" is retarded. Since when did the old tactic of shaving every 2-3 days (thus cultivating the "stubble look") become something men had to actively work to upkeep?

It all comes down to how you project yourself. Confidence and personality goes a long way. Even women who say they don't like beards will change their mind if they meet a bearded/stubbled guy with "intangibles" that they're really attracted to otherwise. I've seen it happen. In my opinion, if a woman considers a beard/stubble an absolute deal breaker, why would I want to deal with someone that shallow?

Top Bottom