What's new

Women prefer men with stubble?

I only dated one woman that wanted me to have stubble and when I obliged she practically begged me to go shave, she liked the look not the feel.

Umm. I'm not sure that a little facial stubble would be the definitive test for distinguishing between the genders. Sounds like kind of a sexist issue anyway; women who claim that a scruffy stubble is sexy would probably be offended when men base their evaluation of women on various physical attributes. Of course, some women also like a bad haircut on men, and some men are dumb enough to go along with that also.

When you are over 65, you have to be careful that "rugged" doesn't become "seedy".

True.

I guess the three-day stubble is an accepted style, but I regard it as 'shabby chic'. Most of these guys with the highly styled (that is, 'messed up') hair and several days stubble begin to look like a damned vagrant. <shrug>

-- John Gehman

SWMBO has turned.. She use to love my stubble, but since discovering the smoothness from a DE shave she loves a clean shaved face!

Same here. I used to go days between shaves because of the horror that it was and SWMBO loved the look, but now that I shave daily she loves the smoothness even more. :thumbup:

True.

I guess the three-day stubble is an accepted style, but I regard it as 'shabby chic'. Most of these guys with the highly styled (that is, 'messed up') hair and several days stubble begin to look like a damned vagrant. <shrug>

-- John Gehman

I find few things less appealing than carefully cultivated sloppiness.

my old girl use to like running her fingers trhew my long hair, but didnt like the look, and like the look of stubble and didnt like the feel.
in conclusion, a poll based on women, women dont know what they want period.

I find few things less appealing than carefully cultivated sloppiness.

+1.

My wife hates stubble, both the look and the feel. She thinks guys with that constant 3-day stubble thing going on look stupid. The closer my shave is, the happier she is. If I skip a day of shaving (RARE for me) she doesn't even want to kiss me. (Luckily I only miss about one day of shaving every 5 or 6 months, weekends included.)

George Clooney has probably the best looking stubble ever, he is a very good looking man - no homo lol

But he is an exception, it's mostly younger girls who like stubble, I'd say under 30's. Almost all the great looking girls' boyfriends have almost exactly the same stubble (around 3 days worth) it's because they think it looks manly and sexy. Then they grow up and realise that gelled metro hair and a bit of stubble doesn't mean they are manly, they are just guidos. IMO it looks really camp.

I think the most manly look is clean shaven, but where you can still see they have proper facial hair growth. Makes you look well groomed and clean.

It's just a thing that's in fashion I suppose, plus girls are weird from a man's POV. They seem to like pink polo shirts and stubble at the moment, but I doubt a clean shaven look will ever be "the latest craze", fashion is getting way out of control and girls seem to like the craziest looking guys, the way they dress and look etc. It doesn't have to look good, just different- anything else I suppose is "boring". It's mad seeing how people have changed over the last 5 or so years, seems to be since the "future generation" due to technology and YouTube/Facebook/iPod etc etc, or something, I don't know.
In this day and age, countless guys are wearing thick pink milk bottle glasses and plimsoles looking like complete weirdos, but they get some hot girls. Only a few years ago they would probably have been beaten within an inch of their life lol

I'd rather be myself and not follow trends, it's way out of hand for me, but maybe it just seems that way to me because I've never followed them in the first place.

I know I gone off topic with this but I feel it's sort of relevant to the topic of what girls like in men :tongue_sm

i just conducted my own poll with a small sample size of 3, SWMBO and my twin 7 yr old girls. thumbs down on appearance and texture both. that's why i wet shave!!

I think there are actually scientific studies that suggest that the time of the month determines whether or not women prefer stubble or smooth skin. It all boils down to hormones. For what it's worth the majority of the time women prefer smooth skin.

Fashion and trends are always changing. Stubble, bed head and untucked shirts will soon be giving way to the suave, finely manicured and suave look once again.

I see alot of younger men in the business world coming to work with stubble. I don't think it is very professional. And, yes, my wife likes me clean shaven.

Top Bottom