What's new

Wolverine 1000 Mile Krause Boots

I've had these boots for a month or so now, thought I'd show off some pictures I took of them today.

$DSCN7655.jpg$DSCN7656.jpg$DSCN7657.jpg$DSCN7658.jpg$DSCN7659.jpg

Ben

Legion

Staff member
Cool. I don't think we can buy Wolverine boots in Aus. It's a shame, I quite like the look of them.

Great looking boots! Have a favorite yet? What leather care products are you putting on them?

It looks like you've gotten the shoe bug. Might I suggest a pair of Alden boots next? Alden's with the commando sole are an absolute delight. Once you slip your foot in a glove lined boot, it's hard to go back to unlined.

Last edited:
Great looking boots! Have a favorite yet? What leather care products are you putting on them?

It looks like you've gotten the shoe bug. Might I suggest a pair of Alden boots next? Alden's with the commando sole are an absolute delight. Once you slip your foot in a glove lined boot, it's hard to go back to unlined.

Thank you joel. I can't really say I have a favorite just yet..... although ask me again after an Ohio winter and I might have an answer for you. The Iron Rangers are looking like a good bet though...... given that I have a pair of Red Wing boots that are still kicking after 20 years of harsh use. The Iron Rangers are a good fit at 10.5 EE and are very comfortable already without much break in. Both pairs of Wolverines are comfortable as well, but the fit with those seems to be more of an issue than the Red Wing IR's. It's hard to explain, but the Wolverines don't fit me as well at the widest part of my foot, being almost too narrow across the foot bed, yet with a very voluminous toe box. It's a weird combination and fit. The Wolverines are looser in the heel and arch area as well..... looser than I would like them to be. Overall however, they are all comfortable and I'm sure will get better with age.

I actually have a pair of Alden 405 Indy Boots in Color 8 Shell Cordovan. I had to tweak my size on those boots..... first trying a pair in 11 D and then settling on 11.5 D. Those boots are more comfortable than any of the ones I show in the photos put together.

Ben

Sweet. All of those are great-looking.
I'm looking forward to fall so I can wear my cordovan 1000 milers--seems like I had just gotten 'em and summer hit. They will get a lot of wear come fall and winter.

Top Bottom