What's new

With Your Cart, what Creams, Soaps, Gels, Foams work Best, Worst, Usual?

I find some products work differently with my Fusion Flexball Proglide than with my DE razors. Neutragena Cream works fine with my Cart, not so much with my DE razors. OTOH Nivea Sensitive and Cella work great with both carts and DE razors. What are your best, worst, usual lathers for cart shaving.

I use a cart exclusively, so far I haven't had any issues with any products.

When I was first learning about making lather, I did have issues with dry lather causing clogging, but that wasn't the cart's or the products's fault.

It's actually interesting that you mention this: two of my friends use carts exclusively- one gets his best results with Pro-Shave Brushless cream, and the second one uses CO Bigelow (applied brushless). The first one uses a Gillette Sensor; the second one uses a Dorco 6 blade.

In my own experience, shaving gel works best with a Bic Sensitive. The best overall canned foam (regardless of razor) is Pinaud Clubman followed by Barbasol.

I have found that its all in the prep...with a cart a DE or a SE. Some of the best ( and quickest) shaves I have had are with a nice silver tip with Mikes natural soap and a Gilette Fusion. Excellent results a couple of years ago with AOS pre shave oil/ AOS cream/ and a Gilette Fusion. I will never give up the brush and soap or cream but the razor for me makes the least difference in the shave most of the time. Oh ...and I never go ATG ever with any system and that alone has alleviated 99.9% of my ingrowns. I have just never had the horror stories with carts that other seem to have and despise them only for their price.

I am not attuned enough to notice any difference in creams or soaps with various razors or blades.

Currently using a Mach 3 and for me I'm getting a much better shave with Proraso cream and a Parker Silvertip Badger brush.

I started back wet shaving with the Edge gel, then Barbasol, and finally Harry's Shave Gel. The Edge gave me the worst shave of the 3 with Harry's beating it by just a little. The Barbasol was very close to the results I'm getting with Proraso.
I think this is a YMMV kinda thing.

I got good BBS shaves using gel w/my Fusion Pro-Glide. However I get excellent BBS shaves with soaps (TOB, Proraso, Arko, Seiffenglatt, VDH, Cella).

I've good success with whatever I use with my Dorco Comfort Thin II. Current favorites are Dr. Jons, Biotique Palmyra & Nivea Sensitive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom