Oleo - El Caballero
Oleo - Jacmel
Noble Otter - The Noir
Noble Otter - BarrBarr
Noble Otter - The Trail
MMcN - Ouroboros
Eufros - Fougere

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I plan on using m&m St James Gate a lot this winter. It smells like spiced oatmeal cookies fresh out of the oven, reminds me of being at grandma's during her pre Xmas baking sessions when I was but a wee lad.

In the winter I like to soaps which provide a bit more moisture, generally good tallow soaps which include Vitos, Tabac & Palmolive Stick.

In the summer, I find some of the soaps I mentioned as my winter soaps can leave my skin a little over moisturised if that makes sense; my skin gets a bit too greasy in the summer months and avoid those soaps and prefer to use creams like Menthol Palmolive, Lea, Ingram, & Proraso Green croap.

Your post has me thinking I could get an unscented puck and "flavor" it with essential oil.....

Spent a good deal of time one day going through the racks of essential oil samples looking for something to add some scent to a bottle of massage oil, lost cause, only thing i could stomach was camphor which i did buy.
dave

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Spent a good deal of time one day going through the racks of essential oil samples looking for something to add some scent to a bottle of massage oil, lost cause, only thing i could stomach was camphor which i did buy.
dave
Lol, I love the smell of citrus, though I rarely consume any! But I've been putting bergamot oil in anything that sits still long enough for a little over a year now.

My wife uses essential oils all the time. Theives? is one I like the smell of, but can't imagine shaving with it!

Lol, I love the smell of citrus, though I rarely consume any! But I've been putting bergamot oil in anything that sits still long enough for a little over a year now.

My wife uses essential oils all the time. Theives? is one I like the smell of, but can't imagine shaving with it!

Thieves® essential oil is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils for an aromatic blend that fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma. Inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals, Thieves is one of Young Living’s most popular products.

Back in the day tried doing the aromatherapy thing, very brief experiment, shudder at the memory.
dave

My taste tends to change with the seasons. During the winter I go for soaps with good skin conditioning properties, for example Haslinger’s schafmilch or MWF. Others may go for a particular scent profile.
This!

Ir's summer on the beach in SoCal, so it's hard to think winter. But I suppose it's rose in the winter, citrus in the summer. It's really vague, though, more dependent on my mood than the calendar.

I do a lot of Bay Rum and citrus in the Summer. I like a muskier scent for the winter. My favorite soap for winter is Chiseled Face Sherlock, but my favorite aftershave has to be Clubman Special Reserve. I also favor Lilac Vegetal in the winter (usually paired with Wholly Kaw Vetililac).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I do a lot of Bay Rum and citrus in the Summer. I like a muskier scent for the winter. My favorite soap for winter is Chiseled Face Sherlock, but my favorite aftershave has to be Clubman Special Reserve. I also favor Lilac Vegetal in the winter (usually paired with Wholly Kaw Vetililac).
Love this post! Lots to look into.

I do like winter time scents. As the weather turns cold one of my fall favorites is B&M Nocturne, and as it stays cold B&M First Snow and Stirling Coniferous are in the top for winter offerings. I do like Stirling's Christmas Eve also, but just have a 1oz of that. I only used it for a couple weeks around Christmas last year.

Newb here; meager winter collection:
Soap: Siliski Santa’s Pipe
Aftershave: Clubman Bay Rum (make a very “Christmassy” scent w/ the soap), or PDP no. 63 if one of my new Feather blades jacks my chin up.

Other than the aforementioned Sandalwood/Vetiver type soaps, there are some seasonal soaps for Fall/Halloween/Harvest as well as Christmas.

Below are some I have direct experience with and far from a complete list.

Fall/Halloween/Harvest - Jack Pumpkin Head from Oz Shaving, Pumpkin Spice and Autumn Glory from Stirling, Pumpkin Spice from Sudsy Soapery, Darkfall and Dirtyver from Declaration Grooming, Autumn Ash and Sahmain from Southern Witchcrafts, Leviathan and Nocturne from Barrister and Mann, Falls Lumberjack from Henri et Victoria

Christmas - Merry from Tallow & Steel, Druantia from Southern Witchcrafts, Cane from PAA, Pink Peppermint from Sudsy Soapery, Vespers from Barrister and Mann, Cooper and French Santa's Workshop, Siliski Soaps Santa's Pipe, Winter Break from Summer Break Soaps

I shaved with Tabac last night, and spent several hours under a bitter north wind this morning. When I came inside my face still felt good, no wind burn or dryness. It's not the only soap that will do it, but this is fresh testimony.

I used APR Fenchurch today. Absolute perfection for a very cold morning. Tomorrow, I will dive into APR Winterfall or maybe MMcN Ouroboros...

Top Bottom