What's new

William's Mug Shave soap, to wash face?

Anyone else buy a shave soap just to wash your face?

I picked up this practice after getting tired of using oil ridden, lotion ridden face wash and picked up 2 pucks of Williams mug for $1 a piece at a local grocery store and wash my face with it.

marble canister, lather, with a badger hair brush, apply to the face, scrub into face, wash face, clean with hot wet towel.
I do this twice a day and it has been working fairly well.

just wondered if anyone else did this

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Try something with added lanolin, you may be amazed. I sometimes use extra leftover lather to wash my face after the shave.

The first time I had a go at Williams mug soap, I had such a hard time lathering it, that I ended up using it as a face soap. I can now lather Williams, but I occasionally use it as a face soap. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft.

Why not? Good soap is good soap.

'Xctly this. Williams is the Tech of soap...Many new shavers use it, then the idolatry of "Things Almighty" clouds the mind, and once having crossed the treacherous river of AD and arriving peacefully at the shores of knowledge, it is rediscovered, or merely acknowledged and ignored rather than vilified.

Go for it.

I've tried numerous soaps and creams for quite sometime, and Williams shave soap is right up there among the best I have used. Is it the best ever? No. It's one of the better soaps to use, though. Anyone looking for an excellent utilitarian soap, should try it out.

I've tried numerous soaps and creams for quite sometime, and Williams shave soap is right up there among the best I have used. Is it the best ever? No. It's one of the better soaps to use, though. Anyone looking for an excellent utilitarian soap, should try it out.

+1. Dove is a good preshave and face soap, Williams is for shaving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom