What's new

Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE)

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so here's a question for you Williams guys, I used it today, and I noticed that when it sat on my face as I was shaving the other side of my face, the soap dissolved and or would start to thin it's self, but if I took my brush and lathered it again, it would come back, is this normal?

I really enjoyed using my williams today and I plan to use it going forward this week.

Pretty much how Williams works. It's very hard, so it's difficult to get lasting lather with it. I found that not rinsing the brush, just putting it back in the mug full of lather and re-using it the next day helps quite a bit.

After all, it's the slickest soap I've used, and slick is all that really counts.

thank you for the help, and the quick response, I always just leave my brush in the lather when I make it. I do like how easily it lathers and how quickly it blooms. The smell is pretty nice too! I can get used to it no problem.

so here's a question for you Williams guys, I used it today, and I noticed that when it sat on my face as I was shaving the other side of my face, the soap dissolved and or would start to thin it's self, but if I took my brush and lathered it again, it would come back, is this normal?

A common occurrence, but one that can be overcome, if you spend some time with it and really figure out how to dial the lather in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well today I had the same problem, perhaps I'm not spending enough time making the lather or do you guys think I'm not using enough water or perhaps too much water.

I can't be the only one who has this issue?

well today I had the same problem, perhaps I'm not spending enough time making the lather or do you guys think I'm not using enough water or perhaps too much water.

I can't be the only one who has this issue?

Williams is very finicky. I find that my second and third lather are always much much better than the first. You are definitely not the only one with this problem. A lot of people give up on this soap way too soon. I also find Williams to be a soap that doesn’t like a lot of water. I start with an almost dry synthetic 24mm tuxedo. It does not like boar brushes

Williams is also highly known for its slickness contrary to what the package says about its lather. I find the lather to be about a 6 on a scale from 1 to 10...but it’s slickness is off the charts. Which says to me they are adding a lot of glycerin to the mix I think if they dialed back on the glycerin the cushion/stability/thickness of the lather might improve...

... I also find Williams to be a soap that doesn’t like a lot of water. I start with an almost dry synthetic 24mm tuxedo. It does not like boar brushes
Interesting, I find just the opposite to be true.
Williams, for me, is very thirsty! I have no problems lathering with boar, badger, or synthetic brushes, now that I know how to lather it.
I always soak a new puck of modern Williams, overnight before I first use it. Each time after that I put a good layer of water on top of the puck, and dump that water in my scuttle, to make the lather with. I always have to add more water.

Interesting, I find just the opposite to be true.
Williams, for me, is very thirsty! I have no problems lathering with boar, badger, or synthetic brushes, now that I know how to lather it.
I always soak a new puck of modern Williams, overnight before I first use it. Each time after that I put a good layer of water on top of the puck, and dump that water in my scuttle, to make the lather with. I always have to add more water.

More water always seems to mean more foamy bubbles for me. I guess if you like that thin lather it’s great for that.

Nope no thin lather here. As with any product YMMV. Not disputing your experience, just stating mine.

1-2-2018
20180102_035829.jpg

3-17-2018
20180317_165633.jpg

6-7-2018
20180607_040332.jpg

Williams will never make thick whipped cream lather, and you don't need it. I get the best shaves with Williams when it's so wet it drips off the razor as I shave, since it's the slickest then.

I don't make thick, dry lather with any soap, I'm after slickness.

Williams works best if you use it every day -- after a while it softens up and loads faster.

Top Bottom