What's new

Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE)

I had my first shave with Williams tonight. It was super slick, didn’t disappate quickly. I had some irritation on one part of my neck, but that was mostly due to a poor angle on the against the grain pass. The soap did dry out my skin, much like Argo. Not sure how much use it will get during they dry Utah winters.

This Williams Expert cologne is pretty amazing. It smells nothing like the green Williams Aqua Velva Sport Cologne. Has a very nice clean scent.

Attachments

• 78045A01-ADC4-45F8-8A18-7C105CD42C9D.jpeg
    78045A01-ADC4-45F8-8A18-7C105CD42C9D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
My favorite grocery carries Williams, and every time I look there is a different number of boxes on the shelf, so I'm not the only one that buys it.

It’s been the second time that I used modern Williams like a shave stick and it works for me anyway way better that way VS bowl lathering. It’s way easier and takes less time and less product(soap) to shave, just a beatyfull lather to shave whit.

I might give Williams a go tomorrow, as I mentioned earlier I used it a few days straight last week and man was my face itchy and what not. Who knows it might have just been my technique those days, but I don’t have the same issue with proraso.

I keep bouncing back and forth between Willams and Arko. These past 2-3 weeks, I've been hitting the modern Williams and have been getting some killer face-lathers using my Omega 10049 brush. The brush is huge, and it just doesn't mess around. I just load the brush on the puck for a few seconds, spread it around on my face good, and then start dipping the tips of the brush in water and working the lather up. I haven't had that much luck with my badger brush, but this big boar takes care of it.

Used Williams tonight and face lathered tonight, I normally bowl lather. The lather on the second pass thinned out a bit, but still had an amazingly close shave, even with a fourth use blade. Next I will try using it like a shave stick.

I am definitely a fan of Williams. Is it the best soap out there, no. Is it an amazing performer that will be in my den, yes.

Used Williams tonight and face lathered tonight, I normally bowl lather. The lather on the second pass thinned out a bit, but still had an amazingly close shave, even with a fourth use blade. Next I will try using it like a shave stick.

I am definitely a fan of Williams. Is it the best soap out there, no. Is it an amazing performer that will be in my den, yes.
Have you try it yet has a shave stick!! It’s been my 6 times using it and i don’t think I will go back to bowl lathering it, well maybe on occasion but man it’s so easy using it like a shave stick. Let us know. Gino

My 8th shave whit it like a shave stick and still working perfectly. I do found that it works better if you face lather smoothly, and adding water just by wetting the tip of the brush a bit at the time. To my opinion the results are more the comparable to a high end soap, the post shave is also very enjoyable. I know that soap is soap but using Williams has a shave stick should gave me about 100 shaves or more compare to 50 to 60 shaves when I bowl lather it. So my conclusion is simple to me it works better that way

I have a modern Williams puck stuffed into a shaving mug that fits it like a glove. Getting great lathers from it. I’ll post pics of the brush next time.

I wasnt able to dial Williams in on my own, but I got some advice that worked and now I’m nearly amazed by it’s $1 lather

What was the tip you got for modern Williams?

Me? Simple. Do not load it or lather it like you hate it. Load it gently. Face lather it gently at first. Roughness breeds bubbles with this soap. When your lather appears thicker and more stable on your face, you can increase the pressure and speed then.

Top Bottom