What's new

Williams Aqua Velva

proxy.php

Just got this in the mail yesterday. This stuff is much better than the blue juice we get in our local drug stores. More mellow, but I find it has between 4-6 hrs of staying power. Subtle, not punch you in the face, like it’s American cousin. It doesn’t dry my skin out either. This will be a staple in my den from now on.

proxy.php

Just got this in the mail yesterday. This stuff is much better than the blue juice we get in our local drug stores. More mellow, but I find it has between 4-6 hrs of staying power. Subtle, not punch you in the face, like it’s American cousin. It doesn’t dry my skin out either. This will be a staple in my den from now on.
This is the version that we used to be able to get here in the states before it was replaced by the Ice Blue version. We also could get AV Sport but now you can only source it out of Canada. We did have Ice Blue, and Musk in glass bottles up until about ten years ago when Combe switched to plastic bottles.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

was it from Spain?

@Capt Red Beard Oh that looks nice! Love the glass AND that cap. Haven't seen either style before. That's vintage I assume no?

Yes, the glass bottle and cap are a nice touch. The fragrance might be vintage, however this was a new purchase made from Smallflower.com. This product is currently produced in Spain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the glass bottle and cap are a nice touch. The fragrance might be vintage, however this was a new purchase made from Smallflower.com. This product is currently produced in Spain.

Indeed, great item!
Uniquely vintage scented AV!!

williams kent schulze wednesday aqua velva december 16 2015.jpg

Agreed. I prefer it much more to the local ice blue we get at the drugstore. Smells less chemical-y as well. I have the large glass 500 ml bottle. Like it a lot.

proxy.php

This is the version offered in Germany and Denmark also - love it to bits, both as a stand alone and as an ingredient in my homebrew blue splashes.

I bought the Ice Blue they sell in the US and it did not work for me, but this version is intriguing.

I didn't even realize this existed. AV is my all time favorite aftershave. I just ordered this Spanish version based on the comments here. I can't wait to try it!

Writing to confirm above info. and to confirm that this Williams "Aqua Velva "is a great after shave lotion especially for the summer/spring seasons. Beautiful scent and excellent performance!!! Highly/strongly recommended!!!

I didn't even realize this existed. AV is my all time favorite aftershave. I just ordered this Spanish version based on the comments here. I can't wait to try it!
I wish they sold AV Sport. That's some good juice too.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom