What's new

William vs. Arko

I’ve been using modern William almost exclusively for the last couple years. Just for giggles I cut up a stick of Arko I had floating around into my mug and lathered it as I do Williams. I lather on the puck or soap pieces in this case and don’t rinse out my brush and leave it in the mug between uses. Well, just like Williams I got thick, dence lather instantly that a couple drops of extra water turned into a shiny, wet, slick lather. I tried to 3017 this soap but it is lasting forever. I’ve been getting great shaves but wanted to use William last shave. Rinsed out my brush and lathered up “Ole Bill” and had at it. Williams shaves better than Arko. Arko is wonderful but Williams is better.

I’ve never been able to get a decent shave out of Williams! I’ve watched YouTube videos and read the forums but it’s just never provided a decent lather or adequate protection for my baby face. Arko on the other hand appears to be idiot proof as I’ve managed to use it without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arko is wonderful but Williams is better.

My regular soap rotation is Arko, Palmolive, and Williams. While the performance of all three is outstanding, I have to admit my best shaves are with Williams.
My other soaps and creams don't get a lot of use, in fact I've given many away.
Well, @gsurko , I guess we're the outliers here!

Edit: I like the moniker "Ole Bill".

I like Willams and can lather it just fine, but it isn't in the same league as Arko. Only thing better about Williams to me is that Arko has a poor post shave and Williams is ok.

I'm a big Arko fan. I haven't tried Williams in years - didn't have much luck building a good lather - I've got to try it again.

My regular soap rotation is Arko, Palmolive, and Williams. While the performance of all three is outstanding, I have to admit my best shaves are with Williams.
My other soaps and creams don't get a lot of use, in fact I've given many away.
Well, @gsurko , I guess we're the outliers here!

Edit: I like the moniker "Ole Bill".

Yep, me and you against the masses, oh well sort of pity those who can’t enjoy the good stuff.

For me it’s Williams all the way, but Arko is good stuff to just for me i’ve Got better results whit williams(modern). To my personal experience I get the same results whit vintage and modern Williams it’s just the technic is different to lather both. Has for Arko it’s very easy to lather it but the shave and the post shave is not as good as williams(modern), but that’s my experience whit the products and I know that lots of wet shavers out there have difficulty whit modern Williams

I really like the performance of arko sticks. Never tried will Williams but have little desire to at the moment.

Top Bottom