What's new

Wilkinson Sword

I've tried the Wilkinson Sword blades, three different packages, but in each package at couple of blades have been incosistent. Approximately 30 % of the blades had to be binned immediately. Anyone else who have a similar experience? Or have you got consistent blades in each package? The other blades in the packages have been very smooth? Please post your experiences!

I have used the walmart wilkies on try outs three times. They havent ever felt sharp enough to be. Feels like an astra im ready to throw out. First shave just feels dull

Last edited:
Never had a problem with the German made Wilkinsons- they are 3 and out to be sure, but very decent blades in my experience.

I've always received good shaves from Wilkinsons, but for some reason the ones from the Evil Empire usually last only 2 shaves. I've got a butt-ton of Wilkies that I bought at a flea market a couple of years ago that are generally good for 4-6 shaves. Don't really know what the difference is, though, except that the bulk blades are "Swordmaster Premium Chromium Blades", and they were made in England. Makes me wonder where the Death Star blades are manufactured...

I used wilkinson blades twice, each Time it looked like I had committed a crime, Blood everywhere.
I traded The rest of them.

I've always received good shaves from Wilkinsons, but for some reason the ones from the Evil Empire usually last only 2 shaves. I've got a butt-ton of Wilkies that I bought at a flea market a couple of years ago that are generally good for 4-6 shaves. Don't really know what the difference is, though, except that the bulk blades are "Swordmaster Premium Chromium Blades", and they were made in England. Makes me wonder where the Death Star blades are manufactured...

The Walmart Wilkies are made in Germany. Kind of makes me wonder if they're not the same as Merkurs. Both are German blades that give awful results.

I got a pack of the Walmart Wilkinsons in the black package a few months ago. They seemed like a good blade, typically got a week out of them.

Definitely not same as a Merkur.

"Verily, because it was merkur, and neither sharp nor dull, I shall cast it out of my razor."

Of the blades I've bought 70 % have been OK from the beginning, the rest just crap. Is their quality control not so good?

My main gripe with Wilkinson Sword is that they were already making pretty bland blades during the mid 90s. I have heard others say those blades from the 90s were good, but that was not my experience with them. That was even before E-Bunny got in there. I still want to like Wilkies, but I think they will have to resurrect “the Blade” before I give them any more consideration.

I've been trying out the current production Wilkies. I'm not enjoying them very much.
They feel dull and tuggy. The funny thing is that the closeness was pretty good and my skin showed no irritation.

I've been using these as they're the only non-store brand ones outside of the crappy personnas I found at Sally's. My area (southern us, Arkansas to be exact) really doesn't have many choices locally. But the wilkies give me a damn good shave every time (provided I don't get pressure happy as I'm still learning this craft). Good thing because there's a Wally world everywhere, so I won't be running out soon.

I got a pack of the Walmart Wilkinsons in the black package a few months ago. They seemed like a good blade, typically got a week out of them.

Same here. These were the first blade I ever tried and they tend to give a decent shave. They are readily available, cheap, and are my emergency blade if I run out of my favorites.

I use the Wilkinson Sword with my Merkur 34c and it works great. It's what I started shaving with and I still like it. I tried the Merkur Super in the 34c and they didn't work near as well.

Top Bottom