What's new

Wilkinson Sword Classic

I think I might owe Wilkinson Sword an apology, lol. I had always just kind of assumed that their DE blades were low quality drug store fodder, since that's the only place I ever see them. But recently I decided to buy a pack out of curiosity, more than anything.

Loaded one in my Tradere OC and figured if it was better than a Derby is
I'd call it good enough. Go figure, it was an easy two pass beauty of a shave, on par with Astra/KCG/Gillette Platinum/etc.

This bears further investigation!

Would bet good money they were in a black plastic tuck and made in Germany, if bought in Canada from a drug store. Really good blades even if overpriced!

Yup, black plastic tuck, which I consider to be bigger than necessary. The standard plastic tucks like Feather are already slightly annoying to stack next to cardboard tucks, even. Oh well, if the blades keep performing, I'll get over it, lol.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have only used the Indian Wilkinson Sword blades and I really like them. The only problem out here in Australia is the cost unless you buy them online.

True but unlike the cardboard boxes they give you someplace to safely dispose of your old blades.

German Wilkies are an excellent and very sharp blade. For a buck for five at the grocery store I have no qualms about buying them, and have several packs in the house.

I wish we had your pricing here in Canada, hehe. Best I've ever noticed for them is about $1.10 per blade.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The German ones are nice. Underrated
I was also very pleasantly surprised with the Chinese variety. They are pretty good. And great price.

I get them at a locally owned pharmacy, $1.49 per 5 pack. “Expensive” I know but it’s kind of fun actually walking in a store and paying cash for them. Same store also stocks Schick injector blades which I also purchase instead of ordering them online. They also carry Williams soap.

I first used a Wilkinson Sword Classic blade many months ago and I found the blade uncomfortable. I don't remember which razor that I used it in. This morning I loaded another one into my Winning razor and I had a fantastic shave. This time it shaved like a very sharp blade but felt smoother than other extra sharp blades that I have used. I experienced less audible feedback and fewer buffing strokes to take down my beard. No irritation or discomfort. This blade seemed to perform better for me than a Feather or a Nacet. I will be spending a little more time evaluating this blade.

When I first took the plunge into DE shaving more than a decade ago, a very helpful on-line vendor recommended the Wilkinson Sword Classic as a good choice for a starter blade. That was great advice and, along with the Merkur 33c they also recommended, got me off on the right foot, with very good shaves right out of the gate. Since then I've spent my share of time since exploring the rabbit hole of DE blades, and I still find Wilkies to be fine, if somewhat pricey, blades. I always have a few around.

True but unlike the cardboard boxes they give you someplace to safely dispose of your old blades.

German Wilkies are an excellent and very sharp blade. For a buck for five at the grocery store I have no qualms about buying them, and have several packs in the house.
Where are buying German Wilkies for $1.00 for 5 blades? I want that action!! It IS my fave blade at this point, with Gillette Platinums a very close 2nd.

We have a local grocery chain called Woodman's that stocks them at that price.

If you're an Amazon user, someone is selling a 20-pack of 5-packs for $14, but 100 blades are regularly available for around $20. They're a great deal.

I think they are identical to shark super chrome, did a blind shave study with both in two identical razors for the past seven days and they are still going strong, when they start getting dull I will see which blade was on each side of my face. I read some where that the lord factory uses English Wilkinson sword machinery or technology, if anyone can confirm this?

Top Bottom