What's new

Wife's DE Setup

Ok... so I was bugging the SWMBO to take some pictures of her setup... she just recently converted!! Shes liking it so far and getting a hang of handling the razor. Very proud of her!!

I bought her a few soaps to choose from... but shes seriously hung up on the TOBS Rose:laugh:. Just fine with me.

She has the EJ DE89 with Derby blades, TOBS Rose, Haslinger Honig and some Proraso White together with an apothecary mug (women do need more lather...). Her brush is a Muhle black fiber Synthetic.

$127341475688320626-508224352.jpg
$127361475688324976-1586457712.jpg

She even asked for her own thread... who am I to argue :biggrin1:

Like I said... I'm glad she is taking to the hobby. Maybe she will even start looking into getting more... (keeping my fingers crossed :laugh:)

Have a great evening!!

My wife's setup:

Lady Gillette Blue Starburst
Astra SP Blades
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Musgo Real Lime & Basil cream, Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn soap, and Kiss My Face pomegranate cream

Hi,

My wife has nothing worth shooting a pic of. She has a Lady Gillette and a can of Mary Kay for Men shaving foam. She also had a NoS Lady Eversharp injector she used twice and decided she didn't like it as well as the Lady Gillette. So, being a breast cancer survivor herself, she donated it to the Saint Sue auction this year.

Stan

Good stuff! My wife is in love with her Lady Gillette, but that's been the extent of it so far. Perhaps Santa will bring more things for her to try.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

My wife's setup:

Astra SP Blades
Musgo Real Lime & Basil cream, Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn soap, and Kiss My Face pomegranate cream

I got my wife this exact same Lady Gillette two Christmases ago (circa 1963). She would have nothing to do with it. Last month I gifted it, a 5 pack of Astra SPs and a five pack of Feather blades along with a tube of Kiss My Face shaving cream to my daughter. My daughter owns/operates a salon and spa, and appreciates very sharp tools (unlike my wife). Not sure if she has used the setup yet or not. My daughter also likes to cook (also unlike my wife) and I have gifted her several Japanese knives, the most recent a Kata Ha ground Deba. Every time I am over to her house, which is several times a week, I check her blades for sharpness. I don't let them get too far gone before they see the stones again. I would have preferred to share this everything sharp passion with my wife, but sharing it with my daughter is the second best thing I guess.

My wife's setup:

Astra SP Blades

That sounds like a great setup!! Looks like she's well on the way...:thumbup1:

Hi,

My wife has nothing worth shooting a pic of. She has a Lady Gillette and a can of Mary Kay for Men shaving foam. She also had a NoS Lady Eversharp injector she used twice and decided she didn't like it as well as the Lady Gillette. So, being a breast cancer survivor herself, she donated it to the Saint Sue auction this year.

Stan

Wow... don't know what to say there. Sounds like you have a strong woman at your side!! Really happy for the both of you!!! Oh... its still worth posting...:laugh:. Let's celebrate our DE women a little :thumbup:

Good stuff! My wife is in love with her Lady Gillette, but that's been the extent of it so far. Perhaps Santa will bring more things for her to try.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

One small step at a time... same to you. Lets see what Santa has in store!

Got my GF started and her set-up continues to grow.
View attachment 693633

Uhhh... Nice setup!! :thumbup1:
Congrats! Looks like she might be well on the way to getting more:laugh:

Great posts Gents!! Keep them coming....

My wife has been using her pink Lady Starburst (65 I believe ) for a year or so. She prefers Astra sp blades and uses Cremo.

Here is my Wife's setup:

$IMG_5193.jpg

The pink Starburst is a 1965, my birth year. The brush is a custom Rudy Vey handle set with a FrankShave/Ian Tseng synthetic knot. The razor on the counter is a Wilkinson Sword. Missing from the photo is her TOBS grapefruit.

The Starburst is for legs and armpits. The Wilkinson, because the head covers the entire blade (no sharp little "ears" sticking out on the ends), is for use around "the lady bits".

I just picked up a second Lady Gillette last weekend so she can rotate. She's really likes shaving with a DE more than I thought she would. I haven't got her to use a brush yet, but I'm working on it, she's just using Cremo right now.

So, after seeing the really amazing set ups your wives have, my question is how does the lady of the house get into this thing of ours? Is it our taking the initiative by offering some supplies, or does your wife express interest?
The past two weeks I've used nothing but Proraso Red, and when kissing my wife goodbye before heading off to work, she seems to appreciate the sandalwood scent. Should I introduce her to the joys of proper shaving or just be content that she enjoys what I'm doing for myself and by extension, my wife?

Like I said... I'm glad she is taking to the hobby. Maybe she will even start looking into getting more... (keeping my fingers crossed :laugh:)

You sly dog you . . . You're just trying to get her to be an enabler for your own RAD, BAD, and SAD. :whistling:

Top Bottom