What's new

Why to not use Noxzema...

that was all there was back then, that would have been a "good shave" for the time. I can shave like that with a mach 3 and goo if i use lots of hot water, itll burn tho...maybe were all gettin too soft from all this shave pampering...

that was all there was back then, that would have been a "good shave" for the time. I can shave like that with a mach 3 and goo if i use lots of hot water, itll burn tho...maybe were all gettin too soft from all this shave pampering...

Bah, don't confuse soft and wise; why settle for 24-hour razor burn?

Incidently, this video keeps coming up in the pic & vid section...

Her name was Gunilla Knutson.

http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_noxema.htm

I can't believe that guy has a live blade in that razor.

His "technique" was primarily for timing with the music.

Irony of ironies, Noxzema and Old Spice aren't bad as foam in a can goes.

Both brands were under the Procter & Gamble umbrella until 2005 when P&G acquired Gillette. I believe P&G had to divest themselves of the two brands in some way in order for the Gillette deal to go through.

Both Noxzema and Old Spice cans have notes on them today saying:
"Made in Canada under license to Procter & Gamble. www.universalgrp.com."

Irony of ironies, what Procter & Gamble bought was a company making overpriced plastic razors and blades that the market is rebelling against, and Foamy, the default "goo in a can" found on most store shelves.

Compared to Noxzema and Old Spice, it really IS goo in a can.

Having grown up in Cincinnati and attended my freshman year of high school just a block or two from P&G headquarters, I can only say they deserved Gillette, such as it is today.

Top Bottom