What's new

Why I will never order from PAA again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a cool tip for my Stirling gents. When you go to check out you can put a note on the order. I usually have them put a smiley face on my tubs. Great idea if you guys ever buy a gift for someone who shaves. Just add a gift message to the actual tub!

Let me get this straight:

1- customer bought a soap that doesn’t work for him
2- Customer wanted the seller to explain the reason why it didn’t work and maybe replace/refund the soap
3- seller refused to do so, claiming this soap is what it is
4- customer went back and forth with seller trying to prove he is right and make the seller go his way
5- seller opted not to do what the customer wanted, because refunding used soaps is really bad for business and if it becomes the norm, well, there will be no more business
6- customer went to a major shaving forum to rant and thrash the seller

did I get it right? If so, my goodness, it’s not easy to be a seller of shaving goods these days.

Last edited:
Well so far the paa soaps I have and had gave good results so no issues on that part.
Had a paa razor which I did not like and sold it of but never complained about the for me to edgy finish.

only beef I have with paa and some other usa vendors is the bonkers shipping fee to europe. While a maggards is able to do it a loooot cheaper.
And yes you can ship from Canada but usually they do not have everything.

and yes I had some grooming co synthetic brushes of which one lost his knot after a month were the vendor did not even bother to react upon the remark. Of course I fixed it diy.

and some others simply never answer a question like is it possible to preorder this and prepay that so you can bundle it with my shipment overseas. No is a valid answer imho.

for now if the soap is irritating the crap out of you. Pif it with a remark to someone else who might be lucky and happy or simply bin it.

2- Customer wanted the seller to explain the reason why it didn’t work and maybe replace/refund the soap
4- customer went back and forth with seller trying to prove he is right and make the seller go his way
5- seller opted not to do what the customer wanted, because refunding used soaps is really bad for business and if it becomes the norm, well, there will be no more business

did I get it right? If so, my goodness, it’s not easy to be a seller of shaving goods these days.
Generally speaking, this was my first question. I don't mean to question your integrity or honor, but presentation/reasonable nature goes a long way with handling these issues. Taking emotion/disappointment out of the equation, how specifically did you communicate your disappointment and expectations?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Sorry for your experience with PAA. I have used PAA soaps and been very happy with the result. The only issue I have with them is that they have discontinued my favourite soap and cologne Doppelgänger Orange and I cannot for the life of me find anything similar.
First World problems. 🤨

I said what I said and was very polite about it. A reasonable explaination would have been all it would have took.

Like I said, I did a lot of business with them. It’s not like I’m some rude person looking for a hand out.

it’s not like they allow reviews on their website or provide a disclaimer about the consistancy of the soap. For the prices I paid, yeah, I do believe the situation was handled very poorly.

Poor customer service is what it is.

Last edited:
I said what I said and was very polite about it. A reasonable explaination would have been all it would have took.

Like I said, I did a lot of business with them. It’s not like I’m some rude person looking for a hand out.

it’s not like they allow reviews on their website or provide a disclaimer about the consistancy of the soap. For the prices I paid, yeah, I do believe the situation was handled very poorly.

Poor customer service is what it is.

I believe you, sir. You are entitled to do what you believe is right and spend your dollars however you want.

I just think sometimes we, as customers, should really look at the big picture more than just to our own aspirations. You have made a bad purchase, I get it, we all have. Sometimes we need to take the high road, post a review of the product on the forum, swallow our loss (or maybe sell it on BST to recover some money) and move on.

I believe you, sir. You are entitled to do what you believe is right and spend your dollars however you want.

I just think sometimes we, as customers, should really look at the big picture more than just to our own aspirations. You have made a bad purchase, I get it, we all have. Sometimes we need to take the high road, post a review of the product on the forum, swallow our loss (or maybe sell it on BST to recover some money) and move on.
Yeah man. It is what is is. Just becareful what you purchase from them. Thats the point of the post.

I highly disagree with that. If customers are receiving poor customer support I would like to know about it. I would like to go into a purchase agreement with the most knowledge as possible. I would like to know this kind of information up front instead of being completely blindsided about it.

I highly disagree with that. If customers are receiving poor customer support I would like to know about it. I would like to go into a purchase agreement with the most knowledge as possible. I would like to know this kind of information up front instead of being completely blindsided about it.
I agree with you 100%!

Just to clarify to the readers with a little more education. I have no affiliation whatsoever with PAA. Never used any of their products, never will. I don’t like their style, their owner, their marketing techniques, their $20 tag for 100g of kitchen made soap.

I don’t even live in the USA, for gods sake.

I also don’t like grown men blaming sellers for their own mistakes.
Cheers

Just to clarify to the readers with a little more education. I have no affiliation whatsoever with PAA. Never used any of their products, never will. I don’t like their style, their owner, their marketing techniques, their $20 tag for 100g of kitchen made soap.

I also don’t like grown men blaming sellers for their own mistakes.
Cheers
Bro the product is UNUSABLE. BOTH tubs of soap. Its not like I just dont like the product because its not as thick or slick as I would prefer or something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom