What's new

Why doesn't Mennen Make Skin Bracer scents?

I doubt anyone from Mennen cares enough to join or watch shaving forums since they were taken over by the Giant Behemoth.

I doubt anyone from Mennen cares enough to join or watch shaving forums since they were taken over by the Giant Behemoth.
Unfortunately, I think you're right, my friend, though I do find complaining about it to be quite cathartic. :smile1:

Here's the full Skin Bracer alternative line-up from 1967. Wintry Spice is another Mennen scent that I really liked. I think they ended up calling that one Cool Spice before it was eventually discontinued. The last photo includes an old Slap pinback button, a bottle of the French version of Dry Lime and a Speed Stick from around 1962.
IMG_4415(1).JPG
IMG_4417(1).JPG

Last edited:
Why doesn't Mennen make Skin Bracer scents of Leather, Cool Spice, and Wild Moss (most of all!) ?

When Colgate-Palmolive bought them these great products simply went away. I wrote to them and got a snippy, arrogant letter that said simply, "You are the only one who has requested this." That's it.

I like these scents better than the regular and better than most everything else.
Here's a sample of some great Mennen Company customer service circa 1945. This wartime corporate letter is addressed to a recipient who has evidently been unable to obtain Mennen Skin Bracer at his local drugstore.
IMG_1354(1).JPG

Oh, how I wish these were still made. I never got to try any of them. But anyway, the mainstream aftershave market has clearly diminished considerably. Probably in some large part due to anti-alcohol hysteria. Or maybe just because of the man-bun crowd.

Top Bottom