What's new

Why doesn't Mennen Make Skin Bracer scents?

Why doesn't Mennen make Skin Bracer scents of Leather, Cool Spice, and Wild Moss (most of all!) ?

When Colgate-Palmolive bought them these great products simply went away. I wrote to them and got a snippy, arrogant letter that said simply, "You are the only one who has requested this." That's it.

I like these scents better than the regular and better than most everything else.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Why doesn't Mennen make Skin Bracer scents of Leather, Cool Spice, and Wild Moss (most of all!) ?

When Colgate-Palmolive bought them these great products simply went away. I wrote to them and got a snippy, arrogant letter that said simply, "You are the only one who has requested this." That's it.

I like these scents better than the regular and better than most everything else.

Because only us shaving nerds will buy one of every flavor? Past history of the largest portion of shaving men pick, will pick one classic flavor of one brand and stick to that. Doesn't mean they wouldn't also; purchase one kind of another brand also,

Think about it like this. If we weren't shaving Geeks and we only shaved as a chore; and Skin Bracer had all of their past flavors available and Aqua Velva had all of their flavors from the past available, but you could only choose one of each brand? Which would you choose? Chances are, you might choose any of them, because you have the advantage of looking 'back on' history?

But those guys back then? They only knew and used the two classics of Mennen Skin Bracer and Williams Ice Blue Aqua Velva? So when the other flavors of both brands came along later? While a rare few, may have stepped outside of the box and tried another flavor? Most of them, in that time frame? were like: 1. How many different aftershave flavors do I need. 2. I already love and have been using the two classics of SB and AV for so long and know they work and I already like them. 3. Don't fix what ain't broken?

This doesn't mean that male wet shavers in the 50's didn't like a little variety. But instead of switching it up from one scent to another of the same brand, they just switched it up between SB and AV. Why is that? Because think about it from their perspective back then? If they had been using the original Skin Bracer for years and years? And they decided to try something different? They also spent years, hearing about how good and how many others liked classic Aqua Velva? If this was me, I'm going to get a bottle of the 'other popular brand that is well known and talked about that I haven't tried, instead of the new, untried, 'wild moss' that just came out?

And if I was a young man just beginning shaving back then? What am I going to start with after spending my first 15 years of life watching my father or hearing about millions of other men, also using classic SB or AV? :)

Wish they'd make a Skin Bracer EDT.
A few from the past.
IMG_4405(1).JPG

I always keep a deodorant stick of 'Speed Stick' in the shave den to use only when I am splashing on Mennen Skin Bracer. While Speed Stick is manufactured by Colgate-Palmolive company, it used to be 'Mennen Speed Stick. But it's scent still pairs and goes with Skin Bracer quite nicely. :)
Okie, to which Speed Stick "flavor" do you refer? I see many options at the store and this is an interesting idea, since I love SB.

The only problem with Speed Stick is that it turns my shirts black. I like the scents, however.

Top Bottom