What's new

Why do so many people have so many blades???

Do you sell them or its just a accumulation disorder, i just bought my 1st 100 polsilver and looking forward to testing them out.

Polsilvers have a reputation of being discontinued. Although they eventually come back into production, I can't take that chance as in my case, it's the only blade that i find works the best for my skin/stubble combo.

I always go for a daily BBS. I get the satisfaction of a great shave and my wife likes the glassy look and feel of my skin when I've had a really close shave.

Other blades are comfortable (e.g. GSB, nacet, Indian blacks and greens) and i could easily use them with no issues but they just don't get me to that closeness of the polsilver. Feathers do it but are way too harsh for me!

I literally look at it like there's only one blade for me and if it's discontinued, I'm in big trouble! So my 7,000 Polsilvers are a hedge against this possibility.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Polsilvers have a reputation of being discontinued. Although they eventually come back into production, I can't take that chance as in my case, it's the only blade that i find works the best for my skin/stubble combo.

I always go for a daily BBS. I get the satisfaction of a great shave and my wife likes the glassy look and feel of my skin when I've had a really close shave.

Other blades are comfortable (e.g. GSB, nacet, Indian blacks and greens) and i could easily use them with no issues but they just don't get me to that closeness of the polsilver. Feathers do it but are way too harsh for me!

I literally look at it like there's only one blade for me and if it's discontinued, I'm in big trouble! So my 7,000 Polsilvers are a hedge against this possibility.
Do you vacuum seal about 95% and leave some out and next 6 months remove some more for a another stint of shaving. Curious on good storage practices?

I swear, this is the first thing I've boughten in a long time. :001_tongu

Attachments

• DSC_1345.JPG
    DSC_1345.JPG
    424.7 KB · Views: 16

Esox

I didnt know
Well, because having only the paltry 600 blade count isnt enough of course!

7000!!! Holy Crap lol. That many Polsilvers would last 1Cal 2300 years! LOL

Do you vacuum seal about 95% and leave some out and next 6 months remove some more for a another stint of shaving. Curious on good storage practices?

I have them sealed in plastic bags but I'm going to store them in a sealed, airtight tub soon. I think vacuum sealing stainless steel is just not needed.

I've used blades 40 years old, kept in the open and they worked like a charm. So am airtight tub should keep them good for my lifetime and my future children.

I have so many blades because I can. But really like to try different blades in varous razors. Any one combination would be adequate, but what's the fun of that?

Considering that a 100 pack of blades is about $15, and a 15 count Mach 3 refill is closer to $20-25, I don't feel any too bad about buying that 4-5 year supply.

^^^This.

And the way things get reformulated and re-engineered, I like to have a supply on hand in case my faves become the next victim.

Also, I thought it was mandatory as a forum member to have at least 2+ lifetimes' worth of blades.

^^^This.

And the way things get reformulated and re-engineered, I like to have a supply on hand in case my faves become the next victim.

Also, I thought it was mandatory as a forum member to have at least 2+ lifetimes' worth of blades.

This is what I was told, "stock up" or "ship out". :)
These pictured represent about half of the 100's that I have accumulated. ;)

Attachments

• DSC_1270.JPG
    DSC_1270.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 30
Yes it is mandatory and anyone who
Is found to have fewer blades shall be
Subject to a shave via a pair of tweezers
One hair at a time.

The first 3 tufts I could make out were, KAI, Feather, and GSB.

You're a man of good taste! :001_cool:

Of those 10 or so tucks there are no bad blades. I have a use for every blade that I've boughten. All blades are good for "some" shaves. Typically I have 5 or 6 blades going at a time and I have to keep a clipboard handy just to keep track of their useage. ;)

I'll have to take a count sometime, I don't know how many blades I do have but it's around 2300 maybe more.

Attachments

• DSC_1112.JPG
    DSC_1112.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_1254.JPG
    DSC_1254.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_1266.JPG
    DSC_1266.JPG
    429.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_1265.JPG
    DSC_1265.JPG
    432 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Of those 10 or so tucks there are no bad blades. I have a use for every blade that I've boughten. All blades are good for "some" shaves. Typically I have 5 or 6 blades going at a time and I have to keep a clipboard handy just to keep track of their useage. ;)

I'll have to take a count sometime, I don't know how many blades I do have but it's around 2300 maybe more.
Thanks for the pics.

And perfect timing, too. I'm thinking of picking-up that exact same box of Feathers, from Amazon. Right here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030197GE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_20?
ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AM74FV0O9KF7C

I assume they are 20 packs of 5 blades each, right?

Are they the same as the Yellow boxed blades? Have you tried both?

I was just getting ready to post this question in a new thread.

Thanks for the pics.

And perfect timing, too. I'm thinking of picking-up that exact same box of Feathers, from Amazon. Right here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030197GE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_20?
ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AM74FV0O9KF7C

I assume they are 20 packs of 5 blades each, right?

Are they the same as the Yellow boxed blades? Have you tried both?

I was just getting ready to post this question in a new thread.

I am no authority but my impression is the color of the package on a Feather blade pack/tuck signifies whether they are 5 or 10 blade to a tuck. I have used them both and both are the same to me.

I am no authority but my impression is the color of the package on a Feather blade pack/tuck signifies whether they are 5 or 10 blade to a tuck. I have used them both and both are the same to me.
I've been using single 10ct packs in yellow, but that's my understanding too.

Of course I suppose I can just spring for the 200ct yellow carton. It would be the B & B way!

I've been using single 10ct packs in yellow, but that's my understanding too.

Of course I suppose I can just spring for the 200ct yellow carton. It would be the B & B way!
Check out this thread guys ▼
The Yellow-Feather/Black-Feather Controversy SOLVED.

Top Bottom