What's new

Who makes a completely solid cast safety razor and badger brush stand that won't deteriorate?

Who makes a completely solid cast safety razor and badger brush stand that won't deteriorate? I am going to need a third razor stand / brush holder. I had a wooden one and that decayed. I have a chrome metal one now. but the rod part that attatches to the base is very loose. What last? I want something built to last for this. What are you using and how long have you used it for?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I store my razors flat on the counter and have never used a brush stand in my life, I simply store them bristles up standing on their handles. I do not understand the need or desire for stands, or for hanging razors or brushes. Even the idea that a brush dries better when hanging is very debatable. A stand that saves counter space by holding 20 razors I at least can understand, but a stand for one razor and brush seems odd to me. To each his own 👍

Well, you could really kick it old school style if you like ‘70s kitsch...

C14AD024-E11A-424B-ABEE-A038B1128783.jpeg

I don’t know if you’re particularly attached to metal; I don’t think I’ve seen a real decent quality metal brush-razor stand. I have a cheap Chinese chrome stand that also includes a bowl, and that’s kind of handy, but probably isn’t any better built than yours. Plastic and acrylic ones are out there at low prices.

Personally I have some simple plastic brush stands that came with Edwin Jagger brushes. Simpsons sells the same kind. However my wooden handled brushes live in them because I don’t care to dry those handle down.

Who makes a completely solid cast safety razor and badger brush stand that won't deteriorate? I am going to need a third razor stand / brush holder. I had a wooden one and that decayed. I have a chrome metal one now. but the rod part that attatches to the base is very loose. What last? I want something built to last for this. What are you using and how long have you used it for?
I don't use a brush stand but I use the stainless steel Rockwell stand for the 6s. If something like that doesn't intrigue you, try searching stainless steel razor stand. Good luck.

Put some Threadlocker on the threads of the rod that screws into the base of your razor stand. Harbor Freight Tools sell's an inexpensive version of it that works well. I use the blue colored one because it can be taken apart without the need of a torch.

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

art of shaving has/had a solid chrome stand, really nice.
accommodates most of my DE razors and most medium-sized brushes.
will get some water spots from time to time, but those polish out.
one of the shaving fixtures on my vanity top that SWMBO permits.
conk has a somewhat matching pewter and ceramic mug combo.
also, i see similar stands from EJagger and Merkur.
you'll have to shop around.

trumper coconut oil simpson truefitt and hill spanish leather september 19 2019.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I have been using a muhle razor and brush stand I purchased from executive shaving in the uk around 6-7yrs ago, it is still like new and holds my Parker badger brush and muhle rocca perfectly. I also have the matching brush only stand by muhle that is around half the height.

I store my razors flat on the counter and have never used a brush stand in my life, I simply store them bristles up standing on their handles. I do not understand the need or desire for stands, or for hanging razors or brushes. Even the idea that a brush dries better when hanging is very debatable. A stand that saves counter space by holding 20 razors I at least can understand, but a stand for one razor and brush seems odd to me. To each his own 👍

You only use one of each at a time. A stand is good for a 2-piece razor, allowing it to hang inverted to make sure that any water in the handle makes it way out. Same with a brush; gravity will pull the water down and out, and away from the bottom of the knot. Let it hang for 24-48 hours, then put your razor away in it's dedicated pouch, or whatnot. And put away your brush in a travel brush container or whatever it is you do with it.

I'll also add: Having a shaving brush hanging bristles down, also limits the amount of dust particles falling and settling inside of it, while it dries out in the open.

The only stand I own is the Merkur Compatible Safety Razor Shave Stand in Chrome, which arrived back in February. And is the same month I started wet shaving with a safety razor.

Last edited:
I use stainless dual towel hooks for my razors. Depending the diameter of your brush handle it might work for that too.
A smart solution I saw was a magnet on the bottom of the brush handle and a metal plate under a shelf making them hang down.

Not so pretty there are nylon c clips for pvc electra tubing etc in various sizes 16,32,40,50,60 mm etc

A very heavy brass one

A very heavy brass one

For anyone who finds this post and is also looking for a high quality razor / brush stand I ended up going with this one from the blade forums link. It has exceeded my expectations and I am very happy with it. I've had it for over a month now. What I really like about this is if the stand gets bumped it doensn't just topple over.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you know how to tie knots such as a bowline, and hangman knot, and have some paracord around, and a structure to hang things from - then you can get creative.
This is a variation of what I do. Works extremely well.

This would be a cool project to make with some paracord and scrap lumber my friend!

Top Bottom