What's new

Who are you? CURRENT PICTURE A MUST

I'm John. I was born in England but moved to Australia when I was 7 years old. After living in Melbourne for 43 years I made the move to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland in Queensland 5 years ago.
Apart from razors I enjoy fishing and the great outdoors.
I'm the Head of Risk Management for the Australian division of a very large international aerospace company.
I'm about to turn 56 years young. I'm married to Linda (32 years). We don't have any children but we've got two fur babies (Pugs).

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    320.9 KB · Views: 24
Cool post! I'll bite. Jon here, checking in from Northern NY. I also brew beer, along with wine and mead. I enjoy riding my Kawasaki cruiser and driving my Miata, in the 4-5 months weather permits! Music, darts, hand drumming and beer in the shed quite often. I built a pizza oven and more recently a pergola in the backyard, as an extension of the shed.

Here are the wife and I at a local brewpub enjoying our first permitted beer at a local brewpub this year.
20200606_155515.jpg

And the hangout, which tells you a lot!
20200828_205859.jpg

20200822_202228.jpg

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Cool post! I'll bite. Jon here, checking in from Northern NY. I also brew beer, along with wine and mead. I enjoy riding my Kawasaki cruiser and driving my Miata, in the 4-5 months weather permits! Music, darts, hand drumming and beer in the shed quite often. I built a pizza oven and more recently a pergola in the backyard, as an extension of the shed.

Here are the wife and I at a local brewpub enjoying our first permitted beer at a local brewpub this year.
View attachment 1170629

And the hangout, which tells you a lot!
View attachment 1170630

View attachment 1170631

Kewl little area under the pergola.

Love the pizza oven. My next door neighbor also has one in his backyard.

I only brew and drink dark biers. Something about them is truly flavorfully enjoyable.

The three clocks you have hanging there. Are they working?

And if so, what time zones for what areas?

Kewl little area under the pergola.

Love the pizza oven. My next door neighbor also has one in his backyard.

I only brew and drink dark biers. Something about them is truly flavorfully enjoyable.

The three clocks you have hanging there. Are they working?

And if so, what time zones for what areas?
Those instruments are a largely decorative clock, thermometer and barometer. All highly innacurate! I have a wheat wine on tap, but a bourbon vanilla imperial porter and Russian imperial stout on deck and in the hole. The BVIP gets brewed every year.

Hi

I'm Andrew and the picture is the most recent one and taken last Friday.

As you can see I play the Highland pipes and a large part of my life revolves around piping. This photo was taken for a remembrance ceremony for the RFS (Rural Fire Service) at Canberra in which I played the lament and piped in the dignatories. The uniform is that of the RFS Pipes and Drums. I am also the Pipe Major of the City of Blacktown PipeBand and do lots of solo work.

When not piping, I work as the HR Systems Analyst for the NSW Parliament based in Parliament House, Sydney.

I also have a 28 foot sailboat berthed at Akuna Bay on the beautiful Cowan Waterway. When not fixing the boat, I like to take it out sailing but with a busy lifestyle, it doesn't happen as much as I would like. Other hobbies apart from wet shaving? Active in the Lodge, cycling, a bit of skiing when I get a chance and have been riding motorbikes for years. Currently have a Suzuki SV650s which I recently bought as a work hack, but it is fun to ride on the weekend, again if I get the chance. Life is busy these days.
IMG_8839 cropped.jpg

Anyway, there we go, a picture and a bit of a blurb about myself

cheers
Andrew

Hi

I'm Andrew and the picture is the most recent one and taken last Friday.

As you can see I play the Highland pipes and a large part of my life revolves around piping. This photo was taken for a remembrance ceremony for the RFS (Rural Fire Service) at Canberra in which I played the lament and piped in the dignatories. The uniform is that of the RFS Pipes and Drums. I am also the Pipe Major of the City of Blacktown PipeBand and do lots of solo work.

When not piping, I work as the HR Systems Analyst for the NSW Parliament based in Parliament House, Sydney.

I also have a 28 foot sailboat berthed at Akuna Bay on the beautiful Cowan Waterway. When not fixing the boat, I like to take it out sailing but with a busy lifestyle, it doesn't happen as much as I would like. Other hobbies apart from wet shaving? Active in the Lodge, cycling, a bit of skiing when I get a chance and have been riding motorbikes for years. Currently have a Suzuki SV650s which I recently bought as a work hack, but it is fun to ride on the weekend, again if I get the chance. Life is busy these days.View attachment 1171129

Anyway, there we go, a picture and a bit of a blurb about myself

cheers
Andrew
do you do the world pipe band championships in Glasgow, it's held just about 15 minutes away from me🏆

Hi my name's Paul. I grew up in Nebraska, spent four years in the Marine Corps - 0311 Infantry went all over the globe. Met the love of my life in Colorado, 23yrs married so far and going strong. I work in sales for a building materials company.

We have a teenage daughter who is a sweetheart and a hard worker like her mom. We've spent the last decade in Texas on a little acreage that we love - watched a doe and two fawns playing in our backwoods just this morning and the wild turkeys came by again tonight.

Really enjoying this community and it's been great getting to know you fine folks.

Here are a couple of photos from our Colorado elk hunt last year and one of me for work.
IMG_20190924_132203.jpg

IMG_20190920_100724.jpg

IMG_20200128_075826.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hi my name's Paul. I grew up in Nebraska, spent four years in the Marine Corps - 0311 Infantry went all over the globe. Met the love of my life in Colorado, 23yrs married so far and going strong. I work in sales for a building materials company.

We have a teenage daughter who is a sweetheart and a hard worker like her mom. We've spent the last decade in Texas on a little acreage that we love - watched a doe and two fawns playing in our backwoods just this morning and the wild turkeys came by again tonight.

Really enjoying this community and it's been great getting to know you fine folks.

Here are a couple of photos from our Colorado elk hunt last year and one of me for work.
View attachment 1172753
View attachment 1172754
View attachment 1172755
Nobody shines their shoes better than a Marine. Beautiful family, my friend!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ok I’m game with pictures, this one is pretty recent after my 100 lb weight loss. Had surgery a year ago for health reasons and so far been keeping the weight off. The picture is the before and after.

Larry

View attachment 1171257
What a stud! How did I miss this thread until today? Good thing my wife isn't a member here!

She'd be not so happy with my Lazeeboi Ways I'm thinking!

Great job, @Njguy1977 !

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

View attachment 1172753
View attachment 1172754
View attachment 1172755
You are a very BLESSED man my friend!

And you "clean up nice" as my momma would say.

OK my turn … few pictures that are fairly recent
ADF8EE35-5974-4946-8EA4-1843C8FDE8C8.jpeg
A65A08AB-4F42-450F-AD5E-5CCC7C513485.jpeg

First one was with @Frank Shaves in December 2021 , but in fairness I clipped the photo, I’ll let Frank decide for himself whether to join this thread! Second was taken a few weeks earlier in Cincinnati (so early Dec 2021) during a a customer visit in Cincinnati Ohio.

I’m by education and career an antenna engineer, mostly mobile wireless, though I started in SatComm. Married 23 years, one step-son. Current hobbies are straight razors, honing of same, cooking (esp. sourdough baking), weightlifting, and woodworking. Past hobbies include beer brewing, playing hockey and the clarinet, sailboat racing, and road racing (i.e. marathons, half marathons). I’ve always lived in the US, but I’ve visited at least 20 countries, mainly on business, but also for pleasure. In particular have spent quite a bit of time in China and UK.

Never attempted to grow a beard. I had a mustache in HS, quite cheesy. Tried letting my facial hair grow out early in COVID, discovered that my facial hair was quite a bit grayer than the hair on top of my head. So that ended pretty quickly. :)

Top Bottom