What's new

WhiskerLess DE Shaving Journey

Ok mail just came in and was excited about this.
I went a little overboard, here are my recent blade acquisitions.

400 - Perma-sharp
300 - Astra SS
200 - Nacet
150 - Wizamet Super Iridium
100 - GSB
100 - BIC Chrome
100 - Wilkinson Sword (Saloon pack)

With the previous 100's of Feathers, Wilkinson (German), Personna Comfort Coated, Astra SP plus a box of random blades.
I think I'm 2000 blades shy and all set for a few years.

No one told me that blade samplers were not supposed to be on sleeves but in tucks. :lol:
Better hide these from my SWMBO.

IMG_9037.jpeg

Last edited:

400 - Perma-sharp
300 - Astra SS
200 - Nacet
100 - GSB
100 - BIC Chrome

With the previous 100's of Feathers, Wilkinson (German), Personna Comfort Coated, Astra SP plus a box of random blades.

No one told me that blade samplers were not supposed to be on sleeves but in tucks. :lol:

View attachment 1844225
Oops you became a blade hoarder in one go! Just kidding. That is a lot of blades, but lots of good ones. You are set for a long time.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

400 - Perma-sharp
300 - Astra SS
200 - Nacet
100 - GSB
100 - BIC Chrome

View attachment 1844225
Well done, sir. :ihih:

Haha there is really no other better word to put it though. I was surprised myself after placing all the orders. I blame the Perma-sharp sale. 🤔🤣

What are the good ones you consider?
You have in your list blades that are considered top tier here on B&B. For me I'm considering myself a blade agnostic. I have found that most blades that I try I have no issues with getting a full week of shave out of. Do I find difference between blades? Sure but not enough to discredit the blade or not use it. Only Tiger Platinum has been a bit of a challenge but I only tried one blade. I have a full tuck to test again in a while and I may change my opinion on those as well.

400 - Perma-sharp
300 - Astra SS
200 - Nacet
100 - GSB
100 - BIC Chrome

View attachment 1844225
Wow very nice pickup! I have to say the Nacet is probably my #1 so far. 🍻

28/365

SOTD: 12/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (18)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (4)
Brush: DSCosmetic Badger
Bowl: Bicrops Black
Soap: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Balm: Nivea
Additional Care: Thayers Original

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

I was tidying up my den when I saw my Gillette Fusion 5. I tried to hold it and could not believe I once use that thing. 🤔🤣. Its really night and day compared to DE shaving.

Very thankful that I stumbled on B&B and made the switch.

Another great comfortable irritation free close shave. Looking forward to my next shave already.

28/365

I was tidying up my den when I saw my Gillette Fusion 5. I tried to hold it and could not believe I once use that thing. 🤔🤣. Its really night and day compared to DE shaving.

Another great comfortable irritation free close shave. Looking forward to my next shave already.
When I have to use a disposable razor for carry on only trips I cringe that that I deemed good.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
28/365

I used my Fusion Power a month or two ago after it being idle for a couple years. It felt odd, of course, but I still got a decent 8 hour shave. I get 12 hour shaves from all my top DE and AC razors. I won’t be returning to Gillette cartridge razors anytime soon.

29/365

SOTD: 14/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (19)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (5) - pitched
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing

I am beginning to understand why some say Rockwell is boring in a good way. It always gives me a close comfortable irritation free shave.

I am now just instinctively shaving without paying much attention. Faster but efficient. Just two passes today with a quick buff.

Happy shaving everyone!!!

29/365

SOTD: 14/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (19)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (5) - pitched
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing

I am beginning to understand why some say Rockwell is boring in a good way. It always gives me a close comfortable irritation free shave.

I am now just instinctively shaving without paying much attention. Faster but efficient. Just two passes today with a quick buff.

It is funny this hobby/obsession with wet shaving we have. We are after the perfect shave, the irritation, close shave. When we start getting those kind of shaves and it becomes the norm it becomes routine, standard, even boring, but we are part of this fun exciting trying new community chasing the perfect shave. It is almost like it is self defeating.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It is funny this hobby/obsession with wet shaving we have. We are after the perfect shave, the irritation, close shave. When we start getting those kind of shaves and it becomes the norm it becomes routine, standard, even boring, but we are part of this fun exciting trying new community chasing the perfect shave. It is almost like it is self defeating.
That might be the reason I have a few families of razors... the silver looking ones (SS, Titanium), the goldish color family (Bronze, Brass, Gold) and the small Vintage razor family. It adds pleasure to my shaving experience... I pick a razor on a whim.... whichever one calls out to me the loudest. Perhaps it's true: "Variety is the spice of life."

That might be the reason I have a few families of razors... the silver looking ones (SS, Titanium), the goldish color family (Bronze, Brass, Gold) and the small Vintage razor family. It adds pleasure to my shaving experience... I pick a razor on a whim.... whichever one calls out to me the loudest. Perhaps it's true: "Variety is the spice of life."
Yep we have to keep it interesting.

30/365

SOTD: 19/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (20)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: DSCosmetic Synthetic
Bowl: Bicrops Black Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Coarse Beard Cream
Soap: Proraso Coarse Beard Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Coarse Beard
Balm: Nivea Soothing Balm
Additional Care: Thayers Rose Petal

Finally shave day, 5 days of growth & 1st time using Nacet blade. I restrained myself even it’s killing me not to shave.

I avoided Nacet for a long time and at last got the courage to put it into the test.
I made proper preparations making sure my lather was slick. (Improving I hope).

Took all my time and carefully glide my 1st pass.

I was astounded. The sharpness of this blade is beyond words.
It sliced my stubble like butter, definitely a very close comfortable irritation free shave.

I really enjoyed my shave today, glad that the 5 days wait was worthwhile.

Mail also arrived today and could not wait to try these stirling soaps. Which should I try first, any favourite of yours?

IMG_9110.jpeg

IMG_9106.jpeg

Last edited:
I was astounded. The sharpness of this blade is beyond words.
It sliced my stubble like butter, definitely a very close comfortable irritation free shave.

I really enjoyed my shave today, glad that the 5 days wait was worthwhile.
I am glad you enjoyed the Nacet! I tried it too early in my shaving career and hated them. When I tried them a year and a half later, it was like night and day! Nacets along with GSBs are in my top tier of blades 🙂.

I am glad you enjoyed the Nacet! I tried it too early in my shaving career and hated them. When I tried them a year and a half later, it was like night and day! Nacets along with GSBs are in my top tier of blades 🙂.

Thanks. If GSB’s performs close to Nacet, I will surely like it as well. Will wait for any discount sale and order some more Nacets. Must stock pile a good number of these bad bois.

31/365

SOTD: 20/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (21)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: The Goodfellas Smile Blue Galaxy
Preshave: Proraso Coarse Beard
Soap: Proraso Coarse Beard
Aftershave: Proraso Coarse Beard
Balm: Nivea Soothing
Additional Care: Thayers Rose Petal

Another pleasant shave, BBS irritation free shave. 2 days in a row to make up for my 5 days break.

Also want to try my new The Goodfellas synthetic brush. I was surprise how huge this was. Loft and actual size bigger than my Simpson T3. Bristles are soft but lots of backbone.

Highly recommended.

Happy shaving everyone !!!

Top Bottom