What's new

Which yaqi badger should I get?

I have a budget of 35 dollars, going to buy from yaqi aliexpress. The silvertip and two band pretty much the same price, just want to know which one should i get.

Pffft, budgets. So outdated... Get both and enjoy. Life is too short!
Our biggest regrets are for the things we haven't done. $35 doesn't buy you much these days, but a good quality badger brush will bring you joy for a loong time.

It's hard to go wrong, IMHO. Also, consider the size. My 24mm Two-band Mysterious Space is an excellent brush. I like the Two-band for a bit firmer feel. Scrubby, but not at all harsh.

I'd consider the Sagrada Familia Two-band 22mm for a slightly smaller form factor. If you like the larger knots, the 24mm Two-band in handle of your choice would be a good one.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
For a all around good brush I would choose a 24 mm 2band badger from Yaqi Mountain lake handle or 2band barber pole handle. In Silvertip a 3band 24mm in the "Mysterious space or artic sky" handles. I have 10 different Yaqi badgers and all of them are unique and a joy to use.
The 2band badgers give a nice scrub and are great lather painters, Silvertip are gentler scrub and are excellent lather painters.

2band mountain lake..............2band barber pole badger........3band Mysterious space..........3band Artic sky silvertip badger
Yaqi #1 24mm 2band badger Mountain lake.jpg
Yaqi #1 Barber pole 24mm 2 band badger(2).jpg
Yaqi mysterious space 24mm Silvertip badger.jpg
Yaqi #1 Artic sky 24mm Silvertip.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Just to be a little more clear, the Yaqi brushes seem a little larger than their nominal size. When the 24mm badger knot fans out with use, it will feel more like a 26mm knot. If you got a 26mm knot, it will become enormous after some use.

Just something to be aware of.

Yaqi moka from my experience. Although it lost its lovely scrub after 6 months of usage. Now it is very soft.

I will get a two band cus everyone is saying its better, i dont get it but ok.

The Two-band has more backbone, it's scrubbier. It's better for hard shaving soaps.

The Silvertip is softer, like a cloud. It's more suitable for shaving creams, though of course you can use it for other things, too.

Most people here like their brushes to have some scrub, without being harsh. That makes the two-band a good match.

Top Bottom