What's new

Which injector blades to start?

Which first time injector blades?

• Schick

• Personna

• Ted Pella

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a choice between Personna, Schick or Ted Pella. For my very first injector shave, which will give the best first impression?

I have only used the Chinese Schick blades and they work great. I've not heard too many good things about the Personna blades. The Pella blades are said to be good as well, but they have to be mail ordered, and I can buy the Schicks locally.

I've tried the Pella/EMS and the Personna's and am not even sure that they are different. I voted Pella. The only drawback is that the angularly inaccurate injector cartridge might make the insertion of the blade tricky, depending on the model of the razor.

Got a beautiful shave with my G1 Eversharp Schick this morning, by the way.

- Chris

I would recommend against the Personna, as they almost turned me off the injector altogether. Got some Schicks, and they made a world of difference. Keep an eye on the BST, as there may be some NOS Schick injector blades coming available. I am going to a store tomorrow to check out a twelve pack display of injectors that have 12 blades each in them.

OK, I put the Schick in and tried it this morning. Holy cats! What a great shave. I had to look twice to be sure the blade was in. The only razor I have that shaves better is my Cobra Classic, but this comes close and is by far the gentlest razor I have ever used. It's better than my Tech or Superspeed, and shaves better than my Sensor (which I use when I need a break from the super agressive CC).

I think my DEs are going to go unused now. I have about 400 red Personnas, too!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
A Pella won't give you the best first impression, but it may give you the best second, third, fourth, and possibly tenth impression. Not unlike Feathers, the first shave can be a bit rough, but they settle down and become wonderful for a surprising number of shaves.

The poll closed after a day???

I was going to say go with the Schick branded ones. I've had great luck with them... though haven't tried the others TBH.

The poll closed after a day???

I was going to say go with the Schick branded ones. I've had great luck with them... though haven't tried the others TBH.

Yeah. It's not like it was all that direly important :) The Schicks and I seem to get along just fine!

A Pella won't give you the best first impression, but it may give you the best second, third, fourth, and possibly tenth impression. Not unlike Feathers, the first shave can be a bit rough, but they settle down and become wonderful for a surprising number of shaves.

Assuming these EMS blades are indeed the same as the Ted Pella blades...I've managed to get 13 (!) shaves out of my first EMS blade, and I plan on shaving with it tomorrow, as well. :w00t:

Top Bottom