What's new

Which do you use more often... Cream, Soap or Superlather?

Which do you most often use on a regular basis?

• Shaving Soap

• Shaving Cream

• Superlather

Results are only viewable after voting.
Normally I shave with cream or superlather, but this morning I tried using just
shaving soap. I had what I "thought" was a decent lather, but throughout
my various passes it seemed I had to keep reworking the lather.
Sometimes I'd need to add water, sometimes I'd need to go back for a bit
of soap. Regardless, it didn't compare to cream or superlather. I understand
much of this could (probably is) the result of my poor soap lather making ability,
but I thought I'd throw up a poll anyway.

I seem to have naturally gravitated towards using my creams more than soaps, and if I do go to my soaps it is more often that not if I am i a rush and want a quick face lather. I don't know why its just I seem to get a slicker lather from my creams. Possibly technique comes into play.

I use soaps, and can get a better lather than creams. That said, compared to my soaps I have crappy creams so theres probably no equivalent.

I had stuck to creams mostly, but have made some killer lathers following the instructions posted here at B&B. After yesterdays shave with my first super lather change may be in the air.

In the beginning it was creams, not I'm a soap guy. Of course there's still a few staple creams that will always be around...you know who you are (Speick, ToOBs, Salter...)

Around November or so, I decided that I wanted to use soaps more. So I started using soaps more. And after a few weeks of struggling, I finally got to the point where I was happy with the later I was making.

Before, I'd try my soap once, get frustrated, and go back to the creams. Not that there is anything wrong with just using creams, but I had a puck of soap and I wanted it to work! I just had to consistently practice to finally get to the point where I was happy.

For the past month or so, it's been soap Monday - Thursday, and cream Friday - Sunday. My vote made it 21 soap - 21 cream!

up 'till recently, I was pretty split on the soaps vs. cream idea. But, I've since switched over to soaps only (with the exception of one sm. tube of Opus 1870 which you will have to pry from my dead hands).

Me, I'm a soap kind 'o guy. Ideally glycerin. I really don't see the need for all that much lather. Just so long as it's wet & slick.

... with the exception of one sm. tube of Opus 1870 which you will have to pry from my dead hands ...

Feelings run deep on this forum.
I love it!!

Of course, you should hear the folks on the larriveeforum.
http:www.larriveeforum.com
:wink:

I tend to use all three equally often. Mostly, it just depends on the day and how little time I have left to get ready for work.

I started off using creams exclusively, but have migrated over almost completely to triple milled soaps. I kept a couple of favorite creams on hand for when I want change things up a bit.

I tend to use soaps a bit more than creams...but only a bit more.

Soaps require more water than you'd think to get a proper lather, so don't forget to hydrate!:biggrin:

I prefer soaps. But their are a few creams I use because of their scent. ToOBS Mr. Taylor and Shaving Shop are a couple of creams I will use as long as they are available.

Randy

I suppose I prefer creams, but I'm pretty close to 50/50 creams vs soaps. Also throw in the occasional superlather, but when I make a superlather its usually with two products that I didn't "love" by themselves.

Soap guy. I get farily equal lathers form both, but I enjoy the process and old tradition of building lather from a quality soap. Its the cream I go to if I'm in a hurry however.

Top Bottom