What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Ralph Lauren “monogram “ silver plated Trac II system razor , Vintage Gillette GII (1)

I love the look of this razor but I have to admit the head angle , heavy weight (105g) and relatively slippery handle made for a nervous shave . I generally hold my razors very lightly and use a feather touch so felt different with such a heavy handle .

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is gorgeous! My heavy Quorum Trac II handle is also slippy - what were they thinking when they designed these?
What’s interesting is that the sensor was my first non disposable razor system I used when I started shaving as a teenager .
Interesting... the Contour was the first system razor that I used as a teenager so perhaps like the first kiss the first razor is the one that will always hold the magic :)

Last night’s shave was Contour / Cien Twin (6) and I honestly can’t imagine a better shave than that.

Fusion Proshield. (57) Feel that maybe this blade is ripe for a change now. Lots of tugging at the chin area today but otherwise quite smooth WTG and ATG all over. Felt the prep was a little off today so it could be that. Will see tomorrow and decide then. 57 shaves is not a bad run but have gotten half a year out of these before.

Fusion Proshield. (57) Feel that maybe this blade is ripe for a change now. Lots of tugging at the chin area today but otherwise quite smooth WTG and ATG all over. Felt the prep was a little off today so it could be that. Will see tomorrow and decide then. 57 shaves is not a bad run but have gotten half a year out of these before.
57!!!!
Do you shave every day?
And do you do anything to maintain the blades?
Outstanding...

57!!!!
Do you shave every day?
And do you do anything to maintain the blades?
Outstanding...
Hey yes I shave everyday. I have quite dark beard so look scruffy quick if I skip a day. Still look like Mr Bran after a BBS shave. I think there is some new formulation or coating (DLC) to these blades that make them last so long. For normal Mach 3s I can only use for a week maximum I think. I am puzzled by why these last so long myself. Of course they dull a little but the shave is still comfortable and it does not sting in hot sweaty weather as a shot Mach 3 does. I do not do anything other than tap dry the cartridge one time at the towel at the end of a shave.

Hey yes I shave everyday. I have quite dark beard so look scruffy quick if I skip a day. Still look like Mr Bran after a BBS shave. I think there is some new formulation or coating (DLC) to these blades that make them last so long. For normal Mach 3s I can only use for a week maximum I think. I am puzzled by why these last so long myself. Of course they dull a little but the shave is still comfortable and it does not sting in hot sweaty weather as a shot Mach 3 does. I do not do anything other than tap dry the cartridge one time at the towel at the end of a shave.
Thanks! Interesting comparison with the Mach 3.
I wonder if a Proglide could go as long?

Mach 3 on god knows what shave. I never believed that stropping a razor on jeans would work but it seems that shave is improved. It's feels smoother and I do not have any stubble left. Does anyone have similar experience? Maybe it's just a placebo effect but prep was better. I believe that's more plausible

Last edited:
I didn't realize that these 2 are compatible. Cien 2 blades are produced by Feintechnik who also produces shark 5 blades which are the same as harry's in US
Yes indeed! The Cien Twin Head fits Trac II and Atra. The blades are made for Feintechnik by Lord in Egypt.

Mach 3 on its seventh or eighth shave. Smooth and no irritation, but I could tell the cart is just about done. I'll load up a fresh one for tomorrow.

Quorum 22ct / Cien Twin (8)
85AC700D-9FF7-45B4-924B-C38413C856A3.jpeg

Got to “grips” with the slippy handle problem by using some Lego building tape - radical but effective :)

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've been neglecting my carts lately in favor of some DE shaving but will be back. Still enjoy reading of your progress.

Top Bottom