What's new

Where to buy inexpensive 16 ounce Barbicide?

Is there a particular need for barbicide like sterilization of shared tools like scissors or “just real disinfectant” real Barbicide per barber friends is actually pretty limited in what it’s used for and needs replacement daily. They keep comb and shears in it never seen a razor in it they go in the autoclave.
Wet down and wet time of strong iso alcohol kills most anything when it’s dried.
I do have a spray bottle of barbicide I use on SR blades before I mail them just as a reassuring thing to the buyer when listed but I don’t use it personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Salon Care from Sally's, but only on gear I'm sending to someone else. Abundance of care.

Otherwise, Dawn detergent, shave soap, and very hot water do it for me. Once I've got the crud off vintage gear I'm confident it won't infect me.

16oz is a lot.

Is there a particular need for barbicide like sterilization of shared tools like scissors or “just real disinfectant” real Barbicide per barber friends is actually pretty limited in what it’s used for and needs replacement daily. They keep comb and shears in it never seen a razor in it they go in the autoclave.
Wet down and wet time of strong iso alcohol kills most anything when it’s dried.
I do have a spray bottle of barbicide I use on SR blades before I mail them just as a reassuring thing to the buyer when listed but I don’t use it personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I hear you about Barbicide being unnecessary, but somebody in another thread said something along the lines of , "If Barbicide is so cheap and it's just a ten minute soak, why not?" That made sense.

Along the lines of what you said, an MD in another thread said rubbing alcohol and then drying does a really good job.

But supposedly Barbicide does a better job.

I use Salon Care from Sally's, but only on gear I'm sending to someone else. Abundance of care.

Otherwise, Dawn detergent, shave soap, and very hot water do it for me. Once I've got the crud off vintage gear I'm confident it won't infect me.

16oz is a lot.
Thanks Tanuki. I called Sally's by me. They're out of Salon Care, but it was 8.5 ounces for $15. Seemed kind of pricey. They had 64 ounce Barbicide for $21.99.

Top Bottom