What's new

Where can I find machine screw assortments/sets?

Does anyone know where I could find small assortments of machine screws? I would like to have a couple on hand for mocking up scales, sanding, etc. I can't find any small enough in the local hardware or craft supply stores and I don't have a local hobby shop anymore. I hate to order 100 when I am never going to use them. If not, does anyone need any? If I end up buying 100, I'd be happy to share. Thanks!

Does anyone know where I could find small assortments of machine screws? I would like to have a couple on hand for mocking up scales, sanding, etc. I can't find any small enough in the local hardware or craft supply stores and I don't have a local hobby shop anymore. I hate to order 100 when I am never going to use them. If not, does anyone need any? If I end up buying 100, I'd be happy to share. Thanks!
I got mine at ace hardware. There is an online place people swear by... Microfasteners something.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I got mine at ace hardware. There is an online place people swear by... Microfasteners something.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I will have to make a trip to an Ace then. They are all over 30 minutes from me and not really near anything that I frequent, so I haven't tried them. I think they carry MAAS too, so maybe I can finally try that out as well. I was surprised my local hardware didn't have them. They have a really nice bulk fastener section. Microfasteners has them online, but they come in 100 packs. I really don't need that many. Thanks!

Try McMaster Carr. Beware what quality fasteners you get as well. In the very small sizes it's more important to buy quality stuff or they can snap off or the heads can strip out much easier. There's a brand called Holo-Krome (yellow box) that makes some of the best quality stuff I've ever used.

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan to use them as replacement to pins, but rather just for mocking up the scales while sanding, etc. They would be replaced by pins once everything is ready to go.

Ah, in that case it's less important. McMaster or microfasteners should still have what you need though.

Top Bottom