What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

I had English Breakfast this morning.
IMG_3812.jpeg

I still haven't gotten over my cold. It's been very mild, but I have a near-constant tickle in my throat that makes me want to cough all the time, so I've been guzzling a lot of tea with honey lately. A friend from church on Sunday mentioned that I should try ginger. I'd only ever heard of ginger's being for an upset stomach, not for a throat tickle, but I figured I'd give it a shot. It does seem to have some small effect, so now it's an addition to my evening cuppa. I don't have any fresh ginger around, so here's what I do:

Prepare a cup of tea. Tonight's is Bigelow Cozy Chamomile.
Put ground ginger and ground turmeric in a fine mesh tea strainer.
Let the spices steep in the tea for a few minutes.
Add honey.

The first time I tried this, I was worried about the spices making sludge of my tea, so I put the fine mesh strainer in a less-fine metal strainer. But it ended up working so well that hardly any water could even make it through both strainers, so now I just use the fine mesh one. Some of the spices do get out and thicken the tea a bit, but it's honestly not bad.

I still haven't gotten over my cold. It's been very mild, but I have a near-constant tickle in my throat that makes me want to cough all the time, so I've been guzzling a lot of tea with honey lately. A friend from church on Sunday mentioned that I should try ginger. I'd only ever heard of ginger's being for an upset stomach, not for a throat tickle, but I figured I'd give it a shot. It does seem to have some small effect, so now it's an addition to my evening cuppa. I don't have any fresh ginger around, so here's what I do:

Add honey.

The first time I tried this, I was worried about the spices making sludge of my tea, so I put the fine mesh strainer in a less-fine metal strainer. But it ended up working so well that hardly any water could even make it through both strainers, so now I just use the fine mesh one. Some of the spices do get out and thicken the tea a bit, but it's honestly not bad.
chamomile + ginger + turmeric sounds pretty good to me

Ahmad Earl Grey Loose Leaf Black Tea in Tin 7oz/200g – Enjoy Better Coffee & Tea

Add honey.

Grethers lozenges with glycerin hit the spot for me

↓ These two are the exact same picture. ↓
You are correct sir. I take a picture of my first cup when I try a new tea. I don’t see a point in snapping a picture for every cup.

This morning’s tea is English Breakfast and again with the same picture. 😊

Have a blessed Sunday.
IMG_3812.jpeg

Top Bottom