What's new

What's your favourite sausage variety and why?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I’m guessing you mean smoked kielbasa? If you can find it everyone should try (at least a few different) fresh kielbasa. Way different!!! Most have never seen grey kielbasa 😀😀

When you say "fresh" kielbasa, it's it really not cured? I expect so, since you talk about it being gray.

I like summer sausage.

Also,
I make large old fashioned Spanish style empanada once a year.
I need a Spanish style chorizo for that.
Goya makes a good one.

wow...this thread turned out nice....so many cool ideas for sausage seasonings.
I love the idea of fennel...I wonder if coriander seeds and dill might be interesting
contenders too.

Andouille. Tasty as all heck, uniquely American and despite that, relatively speaking, not so fat and calorie laden. Hot Italian sausage, tasty as all heck and again relatively speaking, not as bad as a typical hot dog, fat and calories wise. Ya’ all can keep the sweet Italian variety. 😂

Greetings from Bulgaria
To all of you sausage lovers
60/40 pork/beef
Grilled
Or let it dry

Attachments

• 20181010_131904_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20181010_131904_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love the idea of fennel...I wonder if coriander seeds and dill might be interesting

Coriander often finds its way into Italian (American) sausage and compliments the fennel nicely. Dill could be interesting.

All this talk actually got me to break out the gear and make a batch of Italian sausage. My first. It'll be lunch.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
What are your favourites?

Sausage. Because sausage. :)

Just made a batch of South Asian sausage with mutton, coconut, cashew and green chilies. As a fresh sausage we make it up in patties. Very nice for breakfast! Heck, slap a toasted bagel around it and it's good anytime.

My wife makes beef salami for the pizzas. I have a preference for fresh sausage, though I also like dried and cured. Smoking's a bit of a pain because we have a hot smoker, but hot smoking on a cold day helps avoid cooking the meat.

Haven't made Swedish Potato Sausage for a while, that would be good...

O.H.

I like quite a few different kinds of sausage, but if I have to pick one, it would be standard breakfast sausage. Jimmy Dean if store bought, but I also like Alton Brown's recipe when I make my own. It's good as pan fried patties, but also great if you just unwrap the log and cook it in the smoker whole.

Top Bottom