What's new

What's your favourite sausage variety and why?

I like the Kielbasa because it has a hearty and robust flavour, and the Cumberland because it
smells just terrific with the pepper and herbs.

For me, a sausage has to be pork, beef, chicken and lamb just don't cut it.

What are your favourites?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Brats if it means it's a crisp fall day and there's a good football game. Otherwise a smoked jalapeno link nestled with some brisket because it probably means I am at some Texas Hill Country holy temple of smoked meat.

What a great thread. Any variety of pork sausage I usually enjoy when I indulge in such a treat (not good for my ticker). There is a northern Thailand pork sausage from the Chang Mai area that is special, typically with lemongrass, coriander, lime and ginger. Different, but so good.

Has to be Boerewors, hence the avatar👍 Translates as farmers sausage.

Made from 60% beef and 40% fatty pork. The main flavours are coriander, pepper and a few herbs. Roughly ground and loosely stuffed.

Good for frying in a pan, oven bake, but best on a barbecue with crispy skin and juicy inside.

I make it by the bucket-load in Scotland. For these I used synthetic casings, but I prefer natural casings.

2059BA21-EA2C-4F00-8307-48794879C377.jpeg

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
For sausage served hot or grilled, I like my house recipe smoked sausage. It's a 60/40 pork/beef mix that's most similar to a Czech smoked sausage in flavor and texture. Natural casings all the way!

For sausage served cold, I like my house recipe Summer sausage with ghost pepper cheese.

When I get a wild hair to indulge myself, I just might pick up some Braunschweiger.

For sausage served hot or grilled, I like my house recipe smoked sausage. It's a 60/40 pork/beef mix that's most similar to a Czech smoked sausage in flavor and texture. Natural casings all the way!

For sausage served cold, I like my house recipe Summer sausage with ghost pepper cheese.

When I get a wild hair to indulge myself, I just might pick up some Braunschweiger.
Sounds like something I would like!

A close match for my favourite with similar taste is Toulouse sausage as made in France.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
On weekends my wife cooks a breakfast of fried eggs, garlic fried rice, and longganisa sausage served with banana ketchup and atchara, which is pickled papaya. The longganisa are made with a ground pork shoulder, lots of garlic, and soy sauce. If it is made with basic hot dog sausages instead of longganisa then the breakfast dish is known as hotsilog or sinangang. My wife also uses hot dog sausages in pasta dishes and she sweetens the pasta, it sounds odd but it works. Whatever sausages she prepares are my favourite 😁

For me, pork breakfast sausage, the kind you make patties with. There’s a local farmstand with great stuff, but I guess Jimmy Dean is the mass market equivalent. Kielbasa gets an honorable mention.

On weekends my wife cooks a breakfast of fried eggs, garlic fried rice, and longganisa sausage served with banana ketchup and atchara, which is pickled papaya. The longganisa are made with a ground pork shoulder, lots of garlic, and soy sauce. If it is made with basic hot dog sausages instead of longganisa then the breakfast dish is known as hotsilog or sinangang. My wife also uses hot dog sausages in pasta dishes and she sweetens the pasta, it sounds odd but it works. Whatever sausages she prepares are my favourite 😁
Love longganisa for breakfast like you describe, only issue is that you burp garlic for the rest of the day!

Although they aren’t good for my heart, I like most of them. Why you ask? Because they taste good. Alas, I may never be able to enjoy them again. I’m on a doctor managed diet and they are nowhere on the list of foods I can eat. This diet is likely for the rest of my life.

What a great thread. Any variety of pork sausage I usually enjoy when I indulge in such a treat (not good for my ticker). There is a northern Thailand pork sausage from the Chang Mai area that is special, typically with lemongrass, coriander, lime and ginger. Different, but so good.
Missing those especially with some green curry dip. Long time ago I had them in ancient house cm...last time I could not find the place, :-(

That and a bowl of khao soi and you have had a nice meal.
I had them as mixed starters, now chilly outside so defrosting a homemade bowl of Thai carrot curry soup for tomorrow. Some laab phed might be nice too though I want it with roasted and sliced duck not minced.

For smoked sausage-Eckridge. Pork Sausage-Tennessee Pride (Sage) or the homemade kind that IGA sells. Flavor is the most important factor.

I like the Kielbasa because it has a hearty and robust flavour, and the Cumberland because it
smells just terrific with the pepper and herbs.

For me, a sausage has to be pork, beef, chicken and lamb just don't cut it.

What are your favourites?
I’m guessing you mean smoked kielbasa? If you can find it everyone should try (at least a few different) fresh kielbasa. Way different!!! Most have never seen grey kielbasa 😀😀

Top Bottom