What's new

What's your favourite Christmas song?

I'm not sure of the title, but my favorite is probably the one that goes, "Its lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you." It makes me happy.

Tim

Well, for truly tradtional Christian music, one of my all time favourites is Good Christian Men Rejoice. For a secular selection there is only one TRUE classic. Bing Crosby's White Christmas. The classic version with the whistling and the bumb, bumb, bumbs. In fact I think there should be a federal regulation forbidding the playing of ANY version of this on the radio but Bing's. I've tried listening to this by other singers and none come close. Okay, I'm a curmudgeon, of Irish lineage like Bing, and pretty danged stodgy overall. Deal with it.

Regards, Todd

I was always a big fan of "Grandma got run over by a reindeer":biggrin: Always makes me think of my grandma---she really hated that song. But for some reason I always remember her reactions when my dad would play it. Gives me good remembrances of her.

I'll Be Home for Christmas

On a non song related not I also love the old folgers commercial where Peter comes home and wakes up mom and dad by brewing a pot of coffee.

Wizzard - Wish it could be Christmas every day. Really captures the spirit of a modern Christmas as it starts with the sound of shop tills ringing!

Gareth

Harry Connick Jr's Let It Snow....
Any thing by Frank
O Holy Night... Traditional
Handels Hallelujah Chorus with a Big ole' Pipe Organ beltin it out.
=========================================================

Sorry.
Cant pick just 1.

Carol of the Bells is my favorite Christmas song. But I also love so many of the songs featured in Home Alone and Home Alone 2. Those soundtracks have some wonderful Christmas songs.

I can't narrow it down to just one... several of the traditional hymns are among my favorites:

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
The First Noel
O Holy Night

Also, the Burgundian carol Pat-A-Pan (one of the few carols that will fit in the limited scale of the highland bagpipe)

Top Bottom