What's new

What's your favorite step of wet shaving and why?

For me it's the actual shave. I love using antique tools of any kind, and vintage razors are certainly a tool. I like things that have history, and also trying and comparing as many different ones I can find. I also love the thrill of the hunt when looking for more.

For me it's when I'm completely finished, everything is cleaned up and I rub my hands across my face to appreciate a great shave. Thinking to myself "Yeah that's why I do it"

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I do enjoy the whole thing, but some parts are better than others. My favorite would be a tie between brushing/finishing the lather on my face and the cold water rinse at the end of the shave. I could do both forever and be quite happy.

Face lathering, especially that satisfying moment when I see the lather (usually Proraso green for now) reach just the right consistency, plus the first few strokes of the shave itself. I don't always have time to use traditional lather and a brush, but every time I do, I'm glad I did.

My favorite part is definitely face lathering. It's the part where I really get to enjoy my shaving soaps, the scents and face feel. I love every step, but this one just stands out!

For me it is the shave. And specifically that moment, half way through the first pass after I've done one cheek and upper lip when I rub my lower lip over the upper to evaluate the work. I can tell the exact quality of the whole shave from that inspection. And faceturbating once the aftershave has dried in after the suspense during the drying period....

Top Bottom