What's new

What's your favorite EDT-based Aftershave?

Hi all!

Curious about this because, from my experience, the best aftershaves are made by companies specializing in shaving products (Speik, Musgo, SCS Sandalwood) and not fragrances / EDTs.

Case in point: a while back I bought a bottle of D&G aftershave. The scent was good, but it was a fairly crappy aftershave: seemed like just straight alcohol and fragrance. Didn't feel too good on the face either and I definitely got a bit of a reaction to it in a bad way.

More recently, however, I discovered Zino by Davidoff's aftershave. GOOD LORD does this stuff smell like it was made in heaven!!!! And when I looked at the bottle, it actually has stuff like allantoin and glycerin in it!!! I.e., ingredients that actually make a good aftershave! Can't wait to try it!

So this got me to thinkin': I wonder if there are any other hidden gems out there? Could Caron's Yatagan or Pour Une Homme aftershave be good? I say hidden gem because you can usually get aftershaves at a deep discount to a design house's EDTs. Any recommendations?

Huh, I have some D&G aftershave and really like it. Mind you I put on some proraso pre/post cream immediately after my shave, clean up the den and stow my gear, then splash on the smelly stuff. It leaves me less sticky than my Old Spice (new current stuff...)

I suppose as with everything else around here, YMMV.

I don't know if this counts by the rules of the game, but GF Trumpers Extract of Limes is my favorite scent aftershave ever. Well, it's between that and Speick. Trumpers of course has a Limes cologne, which I have tried and which smells identically to the AS. And it lasts about as long :lol:

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme for me - soapy, but striking. Great aftershave too - love the smoothness of my skin after using it.

Herrera 212 is my favorite aftershave based on a cologne. It's the only aftershave I have worn that gets regular compliments outside of SWMBO.

Top Bottom