What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Scrambled egg cooked with cubed prosciutto sandwich on toasted sesame bagel W/ Siracha. Pout over coffee and fizzy orange vitamin c powder with seltzer.

I have been working on perfecting the soft boiled egg. These eggs spent 6 minutes in an already boiling pot of water and then were transferred to a pot of cold water and ice cubes. I shelled them, seasoned them and placed them on top of two toasted slices of sprout bread slathered with salmon cream cheese.

20211030_073311.jpg

20211030_073316.jpg

After shelling these 6 minute eggs they were a little too delicate. Next time I will let them go for 7 or 8 minutes. I want them just a tad firmer for use in making Ramen eggs and Scotch eggs.

Tim

This morning I tried a Scotch egg recipe by Gordon Ramsey, minus the grated apple. This was definitely a learning experience. Prep time was a bit more than I anticipated. More importantly, I learned that the time savings associated with not having to uncase Italian sausages was not worth it. Although I did season the ground pork my wife picked up it was nowhere as flavorful as Italian sausage. They did come out looking beautifully browned though -

20211101_084920.jpg

These were made with 7 minute eggs, which were a little too set for my tastes. Then again they were perfect for my daughter. The sausage cooked perfectly in a wok with some canola oil, but I will definitely go with the Italian sausage next time.

Tim

Attachments

• 20211101_084928.jpg
    20211101_084928.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 0

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have been working on perfecting the soft boiled egg. These eggs spent 6 minutes in an already boiling pot of water and then were transferred to a pot of cold water and ice cubes. I shelled them, seasoned them and placed them on top of two toasted slices of sprout bread slathered with salmon cream cheese.

View attachment 1355092
View attachment 1355093

After shelling these 6 minute eggs they were a little too delicate. Next time I will let them go for 7 or 8 minutes. I want them just a tad firmer for use in making Ramen eggs and Scotch eggs.

Tim
I can confirm that 8 minutes will be too much for what you want. At 8 minutes (as you described, already boiling water then ice bath), the yolks will be set, but still moist. Great for snacking or deviled eggs.

In London last week, to the excellent Devine cafe, under the arches by Fenchurch St station. The owner is great, always likes a chat and they turn out an excellent breakfast, it's all freshly cooked and hard to spend more than a tenner! I went twice in three days...
tempImagetQvaID.png
243C3A63-8E0E-4AD8-A0E1-19B69CD87A7D.jpeg
tempImageQkiC29.png

For those who know the City, America Square is at the end of this street and the Crescent, where my boss's office is, is the other end. Well worth a visit.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A Premier protein shake (banana), then later some oatmeal and V8 juice (love the stuff). It was nice to eat warm food. Will likely be allowed scrambled eggs tomorrow.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
They took away the saline drip. I still have the epidural in, but they take it off tomorrow. After many walks by myself (no one came for me until I was already on a walk), I convinced them I was no longer a fall risk, and PT agreed. Feels good to have a little more freedom.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I’m up to soft food. I have a cheese and sausage omelette on the way. I have had two walks today (been awake 2 hours) and they have taken the epidural out. I feel stronger and more energetic than I have in a long time. Doctor is impressed with my progress.

Last edited:
This morning I made two soft boiled eggs, but the real star of the breakfast was a onion and cheese biscuit from the bakery my daughter works at.

20211107_065202.jpg

20211107_065208.jpg

Tim

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I’m up to soft food. I have a cheese and sausage omelette on the way. I have had two walks today (been awake 2 hours) and they have taken the epidural out. I feel stronger and more energetic than I have in a long time. Doctor is impressed with my progress.

Mate!! Get well soon.

Two crispy French rolls buttered with prosciutto on two halves ,and, two with sopressata, cucumber, and, tomato all lightly salted and peppered. One soft boiled egg rounded out the meal, along with cold brew coffee made in my Hario Midzudashi and cranberry juice.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Mate!! Get well soon.
I came in last Wednesday for stomach removal (cancer). Surgeon said 7 to 10 days in hospital. I came in with the attitude that I am going to try and do things exactly how the doctor wants them. By Friday I felt stronger and more energetic than I have in over six months (pre-diagnosis). By Saturday I was removed from the fall risk group because I was walking so well. Yesterday I was all over the place, getting tea, more water, just walking for the heck of it. They are releasing me today- 2 days early. And they are not doing it to get rid of me and open a bed. I am truly ready to go. I had a great surgeon and surgical team, and all the nurses and techs were top notch.

I absolutely love breakfast and this is my favorite.
Is that a slice of smoked salmon next to the sunny side up egg? Whatever it is, the breadkfast looks (and I am sure) tastes delicious.

By the number of times I post in this sub forum I imagine you have figured out that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.

Tim

Is that a slice of smoked salmon next to the sunny side up egg? Whatever it is, the breadkfast looks (and I am sure) tastes delicious.

By the number of times I post in this sub forum I imagine you have figured out that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.

Tim
Yeah that's exactly what it is. Smoked salmon and sunny side up egg on avocado toast.
I love breakfast too

Top Bottom