What's new

whats your blade stock count?

With some of you folks having a lifetime supply of blades sitting around ... is there any special storage advice? Like in a closed plastic container air tight sealed with some dry pouch in it? Out in the open, well ventilated at controlled temperature. Do some even have a special wine fridge modified to circulate a dash of Balistol every now and then over the blades, just kiddin'.

I have maybe 150 blades, mostly Feather , Astra SP and Personna Red, and a few left overs from an early stage sampler pack. I do feel the sudden urge to stock up, really. You never know how much snow we will get this year, if any... and then you can't get any delivery for weeks :scared:.

Foamy greetings
Icebear

In a plastic bag in a bedroom closet in an air conditioned house.

Let's see..

3 Feathers
4 7 O'clock yellows
2 blue Personnas
2 Astra SP

..coming in the mail:
5 7 O'clock blues
5 7 O'clock blacks

I'm running down my very first rotation and getting ready for a 100 order. So far it's 7 O'clock yellows, but it depends on what I find the blues & blacks to be like.

100 feather in mail
30 Astra SP
7 Merkurs (left over from when I bought my razor)
18 Gilette 7. 0 clock.

Feather is the blade I have decided to use.

350 Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
100 Wilkinson Sword
100 Treet
100 IP Blue
10 Feather
10 Bolzano
i just realized i have way too many blades!

Astra SP ~ 500
Feather ~ 200
Personna Med Prep ~ 300
Super-Max Super Stainless ~ 400
Timor ~ 200
Various blades to try, 3 or 4 different gillettes, some red personnas, wilkies both uk and german, derbys, etc. (5 to 10 blades per pack)

I just bought an additional 1000 Astra SP's so the tally has changed to:

Astra SP ~ 1500
Feather ~ 200
Personna Med Prep ~ 300
Super-Max Super Stainless ~ 400
Timor ~ 200

Anywhere from 5 to 20 of the following:

Derby Extra
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum - black
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless - green
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge - yellow
Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Bleue Extra
Ladas Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Rapira Platinum Lux
Red Personna Israeli
Shark Super Stainless
Voskhods
Wilkinson - UK mfg
Wilkinson - German mfg

Astra SP's are exquisitely smooth for me so when I had the chance to stock up for short money it was an easy decision.

98 Voskhod
184 Astra SP
80 -90ish Gem SE PTFE aka "Ted Pella's" they're loose in a little plastic tub, not counting them all so that's an estimate.

Various common blades from samplers (Feather, Derby, Personna, etc.) each ranging from 2-20 in quantity.

I've been following this thread on blade stock count. 500-3,000 blades! Really? What is up with that? I added up some of the totals and some guys will NEVER need more blades in their lifetime and likely will have to will their stash. Is this just a BAD? Preparing for the Apocalypse when blades may not be available and blades will be used as currency? Or we just need to try another brand and when we find one we like we go in search of a bulk discount?

Maybe I need to get addicted to "be counted"! I'm still working through a sample pack and trying to discover a couple everyday go-to blades. I think I only have 35-40 blades total now. I better get a bulk order put together in a couple months lest I risk being in a blade famine!

Top Bottom