What's new

What's your best performing hard soap?

I think the best hard soap I have is the Ralph Lauren Safari; it is certainly the most enjoyable. It's been out of production for many years, though. Too bad, it's a terrific shave soap of the old style.

-- John Gehman

you can't go wrong with Harris Arlington or any of the scents of AOS. truly some great stuff....

unless of course if you get some Yardley or any of the older tallow GFT or Pens.

I will agree with those who list MWF, DR Harris Arlington an Marlborough, Tabac and PS green tea as top performers. I also find that RL Safari is a fantastic tallow rich soap as well.

Regards,

Doug

MWF, Pre de Provence, C&E Sienna, and Benton Clay Vetiver are all staples in my hard soap garage. All of them are luxurious, and the scents are great as well.

can't go wrong with tabac. avoid the caswell massey sandalwood. I love the smell, but unfortunately no matter what you do and what you use, boar or badger, you are not getting good lather with it.

Tabac for me. It is what I judge all others against. MWF is really good too and I love how soft it leaves my skin, but I have hard water and sometimes just can't get the lather right. I can lather Tabac with my eyes closed and I like its scent.

MWF. AOS sandalwood isn't bad and Joris deserves an honorable mention but MWF is my desert island soap.

I am surprised at the lack of talk about Joris. Smells wonderful, lathers great, economical.

the only ones i have (outside vintage williams and La Toja in wood bowl) are Provence Sante Green Tea, MWF and DR Harris Arlington.

all of which are wonderful.

Top Bottom