What's new

What's your best Earl Grey?

Jackson's of Picadilly was for years the best for me, but I think that they are now Twinings. So it's Fortnum and Mason, when I veer away from Lipton Iced Tea, unsweetened; I'm really a coffee drinker, espresso, to be accurate.

Hey guys - SWMBO is a big fan of Earl Grey tea. But she's also someone who is frequently in a hurry, so she's not gonna mess with loose leaf options. Any recommendations for a pre-bagged Earl Grey tea that she can drop in a mug and pour the hot water over for enjoyment? We typically get whatever the grocery store has, but I'd like to get her something a bit nicer as a gift.

Hey guys - SWMBO is a big fan of Earl Grey tea. But she's also someone who is frequently in a hurry, so she's not gonna mess with loose leaf options. Any recommendations for a pre-bagged Earl Grey tea that she can drop in a mug and pour the hot water over for enjoyment? We typically get whatever the grocery store has, but I'd like to get her something a bit nicer as a gift.

A lot of the online tea vendors have both loose leaf and bag options.

If you're in Canada or the US, my favorite Earl Grey is Murchie's in Vancouver. They have flat rate shipping within Canada and the US.

If you go with their bagged Earl Grey, I would also strongly recommend getting some of their Storm Watcher black tea blend too. It is very good.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My wife likes Taylors of Harrogate, but it comes in teabags and looks a little too much like tea dust for my liking. But she thinks I'm crazy, so there's that.

I found that I like an Earl Grey that is less bergamot forward. I now have four samples from my go to tea supplier, Upton Tea Imports in Holliston, MA. I went with ones they described as lighter bergamot.

proxy.php

FINEST EARL GREY
Item #U34164

QTY: 1
SIZE: NT20S: 12g sample
PRICE: $2.25
ITEM TOTAL: $2.25
proxy.php

ORIGINAL EARL GREY
Item #U30004

SIZE: TE10S: 12g sample
PRICE: $2.00
ITEM TOTAL: $2.00
proxy.php

EARL GREY SUPREME
Item #U33779

SIZE: TE14S: 15g sample
PRICE: $2.25
ITEM TOTAL: $2.25
proxy.php

ST. ISAAC'S BLEND
Item #U34108

SIZE: NT06S: 12g sample
PRICE: $2.50
ITEM TOTAL: $2.50

I got twinnings and some from local Lidl branded ones, haven't got round to trying those yet

Do all early grey tea come with bergamot?

Top Bottom