What's new

whats the best way to clean shick injector

recently i had got a shick adjustable m razor and E3 shick injector with some other razors was wondering what's the best way of cleaning them the hard to get to pars also need to re attach the adjustable number plate back on came off soaking my razor anything good to re attach it with

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Best way to get the hidden parts is with dental floss that you slip in like the blade loads - but the action of the blade loading on an injector cleans them somewhat. You can soak all metal heads in rubbing alcohol (careful of IPA with the plastic parts). I'd try super glue for the number disk, but have never had to ..

Best way to get the hidden parts is with dental floss that you slip in like the blade loads - but the action of the blade loading on an injector cleans them somewhat. You can soak all metal heads in rubbing alcohol (careful of IPA with the plastic parts). I'd try super glue for the number disk, but have never had to ..
was thinking glue or something also i have came across a video where a guy had a old injector key that he put in one side and dental pick on the other scrub the insides

The best way to clean the interior of the head of a vintage Schick injector razor is to insert a new blade. That action is self-cleaning and that's all that is necessary.

The best way to clean the exterior of the head and the handle is with an old soft toothbrush and warm soapy water.

Much damage has been done to old razors by over-thinking this and using extreme methods.

There are some mini brushes, for cleaning between teeth....they are NOT long enough.....but it is amazing the amount of brown stuff that comes out.......

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is what I did to a my E2 Schick that I bought at a rural antique store that needed some care and attention. The spring was already bent and looked like some one was trying to make work like some of the earlier models that you could push the spring to one side to open.
It needed a major cleaning because of the blade left in it was staining the brass badly. It took a lot of work to clean but it has become my favorite of my E types. Some folks do not recommend this for what ever reason, but it was so close to being thrown out by the antique store owner.
FullSizeRender[137201].jpg
Schick swivel 2.jpg

Schick swivel1.jpg

Have some great shaves!

ill have to give this a shot i think the owner sent a small brush with the razors dont think it will work with the injectors did clean up my m injector the other night looks nice and clean need to glue the dial number plate back on

Top Bottom